Renault FT

K

kintosh

After a few weeks lurking and admiring the skills shown on this forum I think its about time to stick my toe in the water. I need a 1:19 scale Renault FT to go with my ww1 garden railway stuff. The 1:16 scale one offered by Takom was to big unfortunately . So it has to be a scratch build, plenty of info on the interweb. Did plenty of sketches etc. and decided it was possible but still unsure that I can pull it off. Started cutting plasticard for the hull all flat panels with lots of angles. So here is the first instalment and it will be a long job. Here hoping it looks OK.
Bob

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

P

Polux

wow! Nice and excellent start!!

I have the Takom 1/16 (unfinished), but if you need some photo or similar, just let me know ;)

K

kintosh

Thanks for the kind offer Polux I will keep it in mind . Thanks for the kind words Ian and Polux

Bob

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be watching this one,has my interest to see,how it will turnout, 9_9

K

kintosh

Thanks Monica me too. More at home with things that run on a track than these that run by tracks ¬¬

Bob

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
An ambitious project indeed! I'll be watching ;)

K

kintosh

Hello All
Small update got the hull finished and started on the ditching skid on the back. Decided to start at the back and work forward.

Bob

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really nice work Bob. Great scratch build skills.

I've got a project similar to this myself in that I'm scratch building a Panther A in 1/16

This will be a really interesting thread.

Cheers

P

K

kintosh

Thanks Paul yes building in HIPS (plasticard) has it's own set of rules . Spent last night trying to make two shackles bending the rod to stay where you want it to was a challenge.

Bob

D

Deleted member 4539

Even at this early stage you are showing some great scratchbuilding skills.

I'm definately along the for the ride :smiling3: .

First Name
Gwyn
This is looking very crisp, I will keep an eye on progress. Well done so far.

L

Leighbo

I will watch this with a lot of interest, a brave project but also a fantastic start. Hats off to you for giving this one a go

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I must have missed this one Bob , fantastic work so far!  It looks very Jules Verne , as did alot of the ww1 tanks , they were more akin to battleships with all the heavy rivetting! This is going to look mighty impressive when its done , cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Aweseome work fella. This is looking very impressive even at this earlish stage.

Great stuff

Paul

BTW. I hope my Panther A progresses as well, after I finish the G version!

T

tommy1drop

Cracking work Bob, really impressed with the build, I especially like the rivets, looking forward to the next update.