SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
your doing a great job on this one, as for over adding, I think your self

as some barn,s and shed,s i have seen have that much in them,just go with your

feels on it ,when it looks good to your eye :rolleyes:,

First Name
Mike
It's looking superb Terry, great job of the vehicles themselves but it's all the little details that draw your eye in. I agree with Monica- just keep adding stuff and enjoying yourself, until you feel it's finished (though it's the kind of project that might never be finished as you could add more details indefinitely over time).

0ne48thtel

Thanks Moni and Mike I know where yo are coming from when you say about sheds and barns Moni but I don't want it to get to a point where you can't see the wood for the trees if you know what I mean. I would rather have it so there is just enough to catch the eye and make you want to look to see what is lurking in the corners without having to much to take in.

0ne48thtel

Today'View attachment 92095

View attachment 92097

View attachment 92098

View attachment 92100

View attachment 92101

View attachment 92103

View attachment 92104

View attachment 92105

s update goes a bit like this finished weathering a few bits stuck a few bits n bobs in the two boxes I made. I then made a couple of hay/straw bales before sticking the tracks in place. This was then follewd by scattering some straw around the barn. Once dry some of the other bits were stuck in place around the the walls of the barn like the welder the work bench etc.011.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

022.JPG

025.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

039.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real good Terry, and I know what you mean., ;)

just have to ask these hay bales are great, may I ask what did you use for them,as thats a new one on me,o_O

as i would use the hair from corn or a old paint brush :confused: :D

0ne48thtel

Moni I used fields of glory long wild grass diorama accessories for the hay bales. It was easier than going looking for a suitable alternative. this is how I made them first off two styrene boxes were constructed. Then I put a layer of the grass in followed by some pva glue I repeated the process until the boxes were full. They were then left to dry once this had happened I sprayed then with dark yellow and dirtied them up. the string around the bales is just a couple of bits of the grass painted orange.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Terry they look great ,and so simple as well, ;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
WOW!!

Looking really good!

I really appreciate your eye for detail, the scattered leaves a straw.....spot on!:cool:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That is looking superb Terry, nice work going into this.

First Name
Gregg
When I first looked at this page, I thought it was real!

WOW!

0ne48thtel

\ said:
When I first looked at this page, I thought it was real!WOW!
Gregg thank you for your kind words comments like that are unexpected but very much appreciated.

M

Mike

I'd not seen this thread before and just gone through it, this is absolutely amazing, I'm so impressed with what one could do. If I could pull of a mere fraction of some of these effects I'd be a happy bunny!

The shots from inside the shed are amazing, it's really jarring how photo-realistic it is only to see GIANT sized Tamiya paints through the window!! Really look forward to seeing more updates!

0ne48thtel

Thanks Mike will post some outdoor shots once it is finished so no GIANT paint pots will be visible;).