Returning to modelling after many years.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The Old, Young and Cartoons, what can I say Mike, you stepped onto a mine field of caring loonies playing with plastic toys that have evolved tremendously. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mike,
welcome to the forum - you're picking the hobby up again, a lot has changed in the intervening years! ( but you can still buy the same Airfix kits, although they've a bit pricier! ). I've been living in South Gloucestershire since '89, now retired, I've always enjoyed the slightly less frenetic pace of life here ( annoyed the hell out of me when I first moved here ).
Dave

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
Welcome, I think the rest of the club has summed up how helpful they are, not quite retired but I am a grandad and loving it modelling too!! (possibly grumpy from time to time) glasses are the only other thing i have needed since returning to the sticky fingers club but as mentioned even the glue‘s are amazingly easy to work with no more finger prints on the canopy glass (well not as many) and the paints dry quicker than you can imagine.
enjoy
simon

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Mike, a warm welcome from Italy (under a rather British weather) too.
I came back to the hobby a few years ago after more than 30 years... I'm still learning a lot, also thanks to this really friendly, supporting and forgiving (I'm referring to my English as well as to my rusted modelling skills) group of nice people.
Andrea

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Mike, a belated welcome from yet another Great Grandad!

Join in with the great folks on here and have fun.....

Ron

First Name
Francis
Used to build models many years ago when I was a kid. Now have Grandchildren and just retired and went to stay over the Xmas and New Year period. Grandson who is 11yrs old got his first models over Xmas and now it's a case of "Grandad you can show me how to built them."
So I am glad I found this site so I can learn how things are done nowadays. Blimey, the 1960's seem a long time ago now!!

Model building will take place when we visit as we live 2.5hrs apart but hopefully the plan is to sell our property in Hampshire and move closer to the kids in Gloucestershire. Need a hobby, looks like the nipper may have found it for me!

Cool story!

First Name
Mike
Many thanks to everyone for your warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting more involved as time goes by. At present we're back in Hampshire doing work on our house to get it in good order for selling it. Once we've done that and moved near the kids then the fun can begin, especially once I've got my man cave!!