Revell 1/144 Saturn V - my first attempts at scratch building.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Hi all,
As you may be ware this kit is bereft of much detail at all and is woeful in some places so, after consulting images etc., I added the frameworks, piping, brackets etc. you see in the photos. I know that these are not truly accurate but I wanted to give a flavour of the real thing and add some much needed interest to what is after all a long white and black tube. By no means up to the standard of some members but I am pleased with the results prior to painting. The lunar module is 3.5 cm tall so added various dishes and antennae, step platform and handrails but called it quits on the 16 attitude adjuster rockets.
Any comments gratefully received - now for photo overload.

Regards

Stefan

Saturn scratch 1.jpg
Saturn scratch 2.jpgSaturn scatch 3.jpgSaturn scratch 4.jpgSaturn scratch 5.jpgSaturrn scratch 6.jpgSaturn scratch 7.jpgSaturn scratch 8.jpgSATURN SCRATCH10.jpgSATURN SCRATCH 11.jpgSATURN SCRATCH12.jpgSATURN SCRATCH 13.jpgSATURN SCRATCH 14.jpgSATURN SCRATCH 15.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Stefan brillant scratchbuilding an i will follow your build as i love things about space an such an im a trekkie as well lol an for detail on the saturn 5 have you seen Stevens 1/48th scale Saturn 5 build on here if you havnt have a look as it may help you sir
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Stefan on that 3rd stage where the L/M was kept will them outer caseins hinge open an shut ?
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ditto to what Scottie said Stefan an i see you have a uss enterprise there hope you will show the build on here as ive built the big 1/350th movie vershion an lit it up with leds an your saturn 5 looks great please show more of this build as you do it as i love STARTREK an went an see bill shatner in the NEC
CHRISB

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Chris I have indeed got the Enterprise kit which I will build OOB however have got a commercially made lighting kit to add with "rotating" Brussard collectors, navigation lights that flash and general window lighting. I will have to brush up on my soldering skills and will, I am sure, be seeking some advice and guidance from yourself. Will start it after the Saturn V is completed so could be a while as I have 101 hours into it and not started paint or masking.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Stefan i'll help all i can on the eletrics as my big movie vershion has a lot of lights on it an i'll post a pic for you if you want one when you start your enterpise an i fitted a gadget in her that makes the engines give off a warp effect but firstly your saturn as ive built the airfix one an it looks brilliant at the time like yours will BUT you may have to ask peterairfix if there is a PCB board to solder up
ATB SIR
CHRISB