Revell - 1/16 - Rolls Royce Phantom (1934)

Finished.

But to be honest, I feel kinda defeated by this model. By painting it to desired level. I have failed and I admit it.

Pictures here are only because of your support during the building process.

I know there are scratches, I know there is dust preety much everywhere, I know some part are not good enough, but I just wanted to have this done so I can be back to militaries! :smiling3:

First Name
Chris
I think it's very easy for us modellers to be overly critical of our work, I for one have never been entirely happy with any of my builds. The fun is to work at it and improve ones skills. I'm sure many will agree that you phantom looks awesome, a cracking build. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Regards

Chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I think it's very easy for us modellers to be overly critical of our work, I for one have never been entirely happy with any of my builds. The fun is to work at it and improve ones skills. I'm sure many will agree that you phantom looks awesome, a cracking build. So don't be too hard on yourself.Regards

Chris
What he said!

Gern

T

tommy1drop

Looks superb, I would love to see a pic of it in black and white, very impressive indeed!

Tom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I too think it looks pretty good. Better than I could do so I would be very happy with that!

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks excellent to me too , cheers tony

C

CDW

Looks good to me ..... i'd display it..... if i'd completed to that build quality

M

mobear

all i can say is`awesome`,yes there are flaws but overall its really good,well played.NOW BACK TO THE MILITARY STUFF!!!!!LEFT RIGHT LEFT .........

mobear

A

AVB99

Yes it IS awesome. The level of gloss is perfect!

Well done

Aidan

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks good to me. Don't be so hard on yourself, a car of this age would have a patina of age about it and probably wouldn't be factory fresh. I like it.

Thanks guys.

I'm hard on myself, because I've seen many masterpieces and when I started this model, I wanted to have a masterpiece. Unfortunately, Revell didn't help me at all, releasing poor quality model or - as other say - model requiring more work. Doors don't match the rest of the car, there are mistakes in the paperwork, chrome parts should be chromed again with some substitute and on and on.

Anyways, you're right. It's not as bad as I think, I just had different idea of this car. Looks ok on a shelf, as long as you quite far away:smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Thanks guys. Anyways, you're right. It's not as bad as I think, I just had different idea of this car. Looks ok on a shelf, as long as you quite far away:smiling3:
I've owned a couple of real cars, that looked ok from about, well, far away !

First Name
Aaron
I know exactly what you mean by not being happy with your build...even though i cant see why on this.

I would be well chuffed with this result. Great job.

H

hibbs14

bloody hell mate it looks mint , if i'd built like that i would be well happy :smiling3: