Revell 1/25 Mini Cooper - Second Complete Model

C

Curtis

Now then, here is my Revell Mini Cooper that I decided to do in a darkish green and one thick white stripe.

I found the kit went together rather well, although I'm not very happy with the paint job (all done by hand), but I'll get there!

To be honest, I think I made the mistake of rushing through this model too much (I'm very eager to get my model shelf looking well stocked!)

View attachment 45424View attachment 45425View attachment 45426

View attachment 45428View attachment 45429

View attachment 45427View attachment 45430

Once I've got a good stash of enamel tins I'm going to start investing in spray paints as I think I'd get much better results from spraying the bodies and hand painting the rest of the model - I have one spray tin of gold paint which I got for a bargain 99p on eBay and it definitely gives good results compared to my brush skills!

Personally, I find the best part of this model is the interior, which (forgive me if I seem big headed) is rather good for a beginner =)

View attachment 48512

View attachment 48513

View attachment 48514

View attachment 48515

View attachment 48516

View attachment 48517

View attachment 48518

IMAG0832.jpg

IMAG0834.jpg

IMAG0835.jpg

IMAG0836.jpg

IMAG0837.jpg

IMAG0838.jpg

IMAG0839.jpg

Last edited:
P

Polux

Nice second car Curtis!

I like the green color!! Good Job mate!

Cheers

Polux

C

Curtis

Thanks Polux, I thought the green went well with the white.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hey Curtis..Great job. Dont be to critical of your work. Just remember that some of the models on this forum are made by people who are probably some of the best modelers in the world. Everyone has to start somewhere mate and clearly you are already looking at techniqiues to develop your skills and that is what its all about. You've made a cracking start, good luck with your next one. By the way, if you use spray tins its more critical to test spray an area first. Some of them can be quite aggrssive when they discharge the paint. Hand painting is in itself an art and takes alot of skill. Alot of guys on this forum choose to only hand paint and produce some fantastic results, again its all about practice, practice and more practice. Well done.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Curtis

Brilliant, thanks for the advice Steve.

I definitely agree with you when you say the forum has some of the best modellers in the world! The attention to detail and skill on some, or most, of these models is amazing!

S

Saj

Nice job again Curtis. I personally think spray painting is an easier way to get a good finish rather than painting by hand even if I haven't quite perfected it myself yet. I also see what you mean about rushing the models, I've done that on my models as I'm eager to see the finished result. But I'm realising the longer you spend the better the result. Saj

C

CDW

I like that Curtis ... nice little model ... i agree with Steve, don't be too critical of your work.

I only use the brush but i think if i were to try a high gloss finish for a car ... even i may be cornered into using spray paints

C

Curtis

Thanks Saj, must be beginners impatience!

Cheers Colin, suppose theres no harm in trying some sprays out! I'll probably get a couple of cans from Halfords, the modelling sprays seem quite expensive in comparison for the size.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Curtis a very nice Mini you have there patience it will all come in time but it doesn't take away the effort that you have put into this build a job well done