Revell 1/32 Bf109 G-6 Early/Late

B

BigZimmo

Hi Vaughan!!

Very nice Cockpit. I think you will build an awesome model again. I'm looking forward for your 109..!! :smiling3:

A little note......in the building instruction Revell reversed the RLM-color numbers for the topside camouflage!!!:rolleyes:

Cheers

Stefan:smiling3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks Stefan for the info I thought something was not quite right but luckily I spotted that one too.

Well the camo is down a softer version of the splinter pattern was require which was sprayed free hand. A coat of clear followed, this time I decided to spray it as a pose to brushing, I'm pleased with the result.

For the last couple of days I've slowly applied the decals still got 25 to go(the small ones). I did have a problem with silvering despite the clear but all was sorted in the end.

Still yet to spray the canopy which will most probably be next on the list.

View attachment 87312

View attachment 87313

View attachment 87314

View attachment 87315

View attachment 87316

View attachment 87317

View attachment 87318

View attachment 87319

141808_2288.jpg

141808_2289.jpg

141808_2290.jpg

141908_2281.jpg

141908_2282.jpg

141908_2283.jpg

141908_2286.jpg

141908_2287.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks magnificent Vaughan. This will be special

Cheers

P

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Well it's been over a month since I last posted(this one has been going on since April and must be my longest build to date). To be honest I haven't had the time or inclination to do any modelling of late:sad:.

Anyway here's a small update. I've finished off the decals and the undercart is on. Canopy has been masked and sprayed appropriately. Still yet to do is another coat of clear to seal in those decals and then on with the weathering. Finally it will have a matt coat and all should be finished. I can't say when that will be but watch this space.

View attachment 89326

View attachment 89327

View attachment 89328

)
142609_3031.jpg

142609_3032.jpg

142609_3033.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
To be honest I haven't had the time or inclination to do any modelling of late:sad:.
I suppose it must get boring knocking out these perfect results time after time! Why not try something you've not done before as a challenge?

Gern

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's looking great Vaughan, so close to finishing now, look forward to seeing the final result.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Vaughan

Magnificent work on the 109. I could go into specifics but I always think your approach to modelling is top notch at every stage.

To be honest I haven't had the time or inclination to do any modelling of late:sad:.
I hear you with the time/inclination statement. I've got to be honest, over the past 6 - 12 months I've not been enjoying this hobby as much as I know I should. It's not boredom, it's not frustration with results, I can't really put my finger on what it is. I think it may just simply be a lack of time, I'm unable to 'lose myself in a build' for a few hours like i did. Now it's 'let's fit this task in' before I do something round the house or for the business.

Maybe we both just need a break? I may finish the Spits and then call it a day for 6 months hopefully recharge and have more time to 'get into the hobby' again.

I'm damn sure you won't leave the hobby, not with a talent like yours, but maybe a little rest is what's needed?

All the best

Paul

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks for the comps Guys.

Paul I know where your coming from and I think you've summed it up perfectly. I think my problems started when I moved from my garden room to the house which you'd think was a better option. The compressor is noisy for the household and having to vent the spray booth out the window which is on the other side of the room is a real pain. As you say it's difficult to get "lost in the modelling".

just to add to the mix I have a back condition that requires fortnightly injections. This in it's self is not a problem but my back is playing up at the moment despite the injections, so sitting in a chair for prolonged periods is not good. This puts me off to a degree. The thought of modelling is exciting and seeing peoples' builds progress is good this should spur me on but it doesn't. I walk in the room pick up the 109 look at it put it back down again and walk out of the room. I almost feel like starting another build but then think I will never finish the 109.

Maybe modelling is more of a winter pass time? I have other interests which I tend to do through out the year but come into their own during the summer months. my wife(Gill)and l do a lot of swing dancing( Lindy Hop) this takes up a fare bit of time. We have many ww2 airbases dotted around East Anglia and there are several Hanger dances through out the year( swing dances were brought over with the Americans during this time). Anyway I don't want to end on a low note and I will persevere with the 109 and look forward to the next build.

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I sympathise with your back problem and I do hope you get it sorted.

As you say we all have other things rather than piecing together bits of plastic (the Swing Dancing sounds great fun!)

Anyway, the high point is the 109 - it looks great and will be another superb model to add to the collection.

Cheers

P

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
The thought of modelling is exciting and seeing peoples' builds progress is good this should spur me on but it doesn't. I walk in the room pick up the 109 look at it put it back down again and walk out of the room. I almost feel like starting another build but then think I will never finish the 109.Maybe modelling is more of a winter pass time? I have other interests which I tend to do through out the year but come into their own during the summer months.
I've had this exact same problem for the past few months Vaughan. I've been refurbishing windows and working shifts, just don't seem to have the motivation to build models at present. I'll have a resurgence soon, just need to get on with it I think.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
All finished and in the completed aircraft section http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/finished-revell-1-32-bf109g6.28654/#post-232479 . Thanks everyone for following the build and help and advice along the way.