Revell 1/32 Grumman Wildcat circa 1969

T

treyzx10r

Thats looking great Vaughan,I've had good luck with the MMD putty you can thin it with nail polish remover as well. Great time saver is to tape up each side of the seam and smooth in the MMD then quickly pull the tape and using a brush with nail polish remover swipe the top of the putty and it will flow out real smooth.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Wildcat Finished

Hi All

Well finally I have finished the Wildcat. Had to work early in the mornings over the W/E due the extreme heat, nearly up to 30C on Sunday, and also the fact that it's nice to get out and about in this lovely weather.Wings on and canopy masked and glued in situ. Then on with the spraying. Once dry the following day a good application of Klear. On to Sunday and the decals they are 43 years old so I didn't hold up much hope that they would be ok but amazingly they were, a little on the thick side though. One bottle of decal soft later they actually bedded down. There is some silvering evident but I think I can live with it. Another coat of Kear and then allowed to dry over night. Early this morning a final coat of satin varnish( I ran out of matt but to me it still looks matt). Ariel mast on and wire attached and painted canopy masks removed and I think I'm there. I have put the images in the Aircraft section.

Vaughan