Revell 1/35 German Staff Car Type 82 E

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
this as some know was a practice for German camo but seeing as it turned out better than I thought it would I completed it which did cause me a few problems like the Windows , they should have gone in from the inside

The paint job I am proud of as its hand painted and does look like it's been sprayed on and has been commented to look like it's been painted in the field like many of these were

The kit

This is a new release from revell this month and it's not a bad kit quite easy clean parts and goes together well ,

Here's the pics comments welcome image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

The windows do rather leap out at you! A shame, but they don't change the fact that you've done a great job there Alan.

I'd like to have seen some dust & dirt on it, but maybe that's because I'm a mucky pup ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Patrick I appreciate that, yeah the Windows I'll stick it out the way on a dio , i didn't put any weathering on it as I don't know what it will end up in so I can sort that when the time comes ,

I like a mucky vehicle myself it hides paint errors :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Spot on camo, looks superb mate. Nice job all round...except the windows :D

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking camo/paint job Alan ........... I don't reckon the windows are beyond redemption. Some weathering on the body and careful dirtying up around the window edges will do the trick.

P

Polux

The windows are a shame....but the model looks magnificent, and specially the camo paintwork ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yeah I could either put a dry brush of earth brown on the edges or put a border of some kind depending on what colour a trim was in those days

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
The windows are a shame....but the model looks magnificent, and specially the camo paintwork ;)
Cheers Polux I think I'm ready to try a tri colour camo next

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Yeah I could either put a dry brush of earth brown on the edges or put a border of some kind depending on what colour a trim was in those days
I found some piccies on the net showing the window seal / trim.............

01.jpg

668136.jpg

american-window-seals.jpg

dyn003_original_640_480_pjpeg__d88381b9bc57d95043a87bc313afd975.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

I wouldn't worry about the window's too much,(suggestion's have been made)

You have (I believe)set out to do the camo and I have commented on this.

yes it does look sprayed and I think it is great that it is hand painted:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I found some piccies on the net showing the window seal / trim.............
View attachment 141584 View attachment 141585 View attachment 141587 View attachment 141588
Thanks Peter you saved me a job :smiling3:

\ said:
I wouldn't worry about the window's too much,(suggestion's have been made)
You have (I believe)set out to do the camo and I have commented on this.

yes it does look sprayed and I think it is great that it is hand painted:smiling3:
Thanks Ralph I appreciate that

I'm going to get another one of these and do it properly, I might do that one in Afrika Korps camo

First Name
Robert
Cracking work Alan and very authentic looking and I won't say it as I know you can fix it

I really do like the camo ( didn't they have a different set of tyres aswell on offer in the kit ( I think they were of a balloon type for getting over wet sand?

Great build

Regards

Robert

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Cracking work Alan and very authentic looking and I won't say it as I know you can fix it
I really do like the camo ( didn't they have a different set of tyres aswell on offer in the kit ( I think they were of a balloon type for getting over wet sand?

Great build

Regards

Robert
\ said:
View attachment 141613 This is the tyre I think I mean
Cheers Rob , the kit does come with another set of tyres and wheels but they are the standard type that you get on the kublewagon, you don't get the option for DAK I'm afraid , I do have a DAK Kublewagon and I might swap them out on the next one I build

First Name
Robert
Thanks for giving me the name of the tyres

I knew I had seen a VW beetle or a kubelwagen with those bloated tyres.

Thanks again and will look forward to when you build the next ( oh don't forget to insert the Windows first on the next ( sorry Alan couldn't resist

Cheers

Robert