Revell 1/35 Jagdtiger * Update 27/10 *

D

dubster72

\ said:
Looking great Patrick your doing a cracking job. Loving the polka dots may I ask how you applied them cheers John
Thanks John! I was going to spray the dots, but ended up using a 000 brush

D

dubster72

\ said:
Looking the Pig's Pizzle Patrick, great work on the camo!
Cheers John - I take it that a Pig's Pizzle is an East Anglian delicacy? ;)

First Name
Aaron
Such a beautiful looking cat Patrick. As a side note about the aerosol can, decanting for airbrush use is a valid option.

Your dark yellow looks absolutely spot on. I don't know how you do your pics but I'm peanut butter jealous sandwich. They are magazine quality.

D

dubster72

\ said:
Such a beautiful looking cat Patrick. As a side note about the aerosol can, decanting for airbrush use is a valid option.
Your dark yellow looks absolutely spot on. I don't know how you do your pics but I'm peanut butter jealous sandwich. They are magazine quality.
Thanks Aaron, you're right about decanting, I keep meaning to do it!

As for the pictures, I use my phone for the in-progress shots & an app called Open Camera to adjust the exposure etc - it's something well worth downloading.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
how have I,missed all these updates on this one Patrick,looks good, ;)

lov the camo scheme looks awesome, :D

I always do my dots as well with a brush,can never get it right with AB,

so what is the dark yellow that you have used,as I only have vallejo,and as you know its far to

green so I,opp for the desert yellow,even darken or lightened :rolleyes:

D

dubster72

\ said:
how have I,missed all these updates on this one Patrick,looks good, ;)
lov the camo scheme looks awesome, :D

I always do my dots as well with a brush,can never get it right with AB,

so what is the dark yellow that you have used,as I only have vallejo,and as you know its far to

green so I,opp for the desert yellow,even darken or lightened :rolleyes:
Thanks Moni! The colour is Humbrol enamel 103, but I've tried some Vallejo paints & their Iraqi sand (don't know the number) is pretty good for a scale Dunkelgelb.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Moni! The colour is Humbrol enamel 103, but I've tried some Vallejo paints & their Iraqi sand (don't know the number) is pretty good for a scale Dunkelgelb.
ta for the info,Patrick

I do real like the look of that color,the vallejo,desert yellow is not to bad ,will get some of the Iraqi,when up at Nic,this week,, ;)

J

John Rixon

Hah, there's always something more to do! Fantast job, Patrick, looks a mean mutha!

0ne48thtel

I have just caught this one Patrick and I got to say it looks the dogs dangly's mate.

D

dubster72

Thanks guys! It's a big beast - usually I pop them in cheapo lunchboxes to protect from dust, but this one doesn't fit!

I use a Harder & Steenbeck Ultra 2 in 1, a very nice airbrush to use & a doddle to clean.