Revell 1:48 DH Mosquito B Mk IV

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
So, this represents possibly my most favourite aircraft of WW2. I like the look of it so much, I might have to get the Tamiya one as well. There have been a few problems putting it together, which is a shame as I normally like Revell (Germany) models.

I finished it a couple of days ago (except for the aerial rigging, waiting for some EZ stuff) but then needed a good chance to take some pics. And what a day today was (well here in the Midlands) lovely all day.

Anyway, here's the normal set of pics, and one 'arty' one, titled 'Morning at despersal' yes, I know, who do I think I am, David Bailey...................

View attachment 35752View attachment 35753View attachment 35754View attachment 35755View attachment 35756View attachment 35757View attachment 35758View attachment 35759View attachment 35760View attachment 35761

Now, who will spot what's missing ?

Regards

Colin M........

View attachment 40142

View attachment 40143

View attachment 40144

View attachment 40145

View attachment 40146

View attachment 40147

View attachment 40148

View attachment 40149

View attachment 40150

View attachment 40151

Close front.jpg

Early at despersal.jpg

Front 3.jpg

Front RHS.jpg

LHS.jpg

Rear 1.jpg

Rear RHS.jpg

Underside.jpg

Upper.jpg

Upper RHS close.jpg

P

phalinmegob

beautifull build colin, you will have to wait for some one else to tell you whats missing because i dont know.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A lovely Mossie Colin, and as far as I can see nothings missing (apart from the aerial wire you told us about)

5 stars for a great build.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
looks great to me too. Love the paint work.

If the 'missing' bits you refer to are the antenna that go through the wing tips..... I can see them on the underside of one wing but should they not be on both wings and on both top and bottom?

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A lovely model with great attention to detail. Well done. 5*

Vaughan

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for having a look gentlemen. As for the missing bits, well the advantage would go to anyone who had built the Revell mosquito, it should have four bombs. However, an episode with the wheel of my chair, changed the plan a touch !

Regards

Colin M.........

T

tecdes

Very nice job Colin.

Do not think the missing bombs make any difference. In fact without a couple of bombs you can see the detailing in the bomb bay which is really good on this model.

Think on future models I will video & put a sequence together for those parts not seen when on the shelf. Then put a photo frame adjacent to the model.

What are you doing next Colin ?

Laurie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi colin , just seen this one, excellent job mate! The paintwork is fantastic,superbly faded and weathered , top stuff ,cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
My faded paint was done with a method I haven't tried before. Simply adding a bit of white paint to the matt coat. A bit tricky, but I think I'll use it again.

And the next job Laurie, it may be a diorama, entitled 'Typical dining room' paint by Dulux !

Colin M.........

A

AJay

Colin, love this 5***** Mossie. The faded paint is particularly effective.

White to the matt varnish you say? I might have to try it..sounds scary!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks for looking Alex. If you do try the white trick, really only use a tiny amount of white, and see how it goes. This is the first time I've tried it, but do like it. I think it would be really useful on desert camo, where you could add a touch of light brown etc and creat desert dust all over the place.

Colin M........