Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
First Name
Andy
Hi Tony,

That looks stunning, I did have to take a double look at the first photo though, the last 3 are my favourite ones, how far we have come...10/10

First Name
Chris
They look amazing Tony, nice work! Am about to start a 1/48 Harrier Gr.7, if it even looks half as good as yout Typhoon I'll be a happy modeller. Any tips on detailing the panel lines?Nice work.Chris

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks chris, i just did the panel lines with a watercolour wash (bit of brown ,bit of black ,bit of white) ,just to define the lines a bit. Im not a fan of the over-emphasised panel lines sometimes seen, I tried to keep these very subtle, i just felt that the overall grey would be a bit too uniform without some sort of highlight.I do ,however, always like to define the control surfaces and add a bit of muckying up in certain areas! A good thing for the panel lines is the flory models washes available from our own shop here http://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/weathering-models.html#manufacturer=89 when my home made mix runs out .ill be getting some!! , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Top Work there Tony Very nice bird. might have to add one to the stash.

Excellent finish on it. I to had to look twice at the first photo. I thought it was the real one at first!

I must say that the two together make a very interesting pair. (lets not go there again!)

***** from me to and very well deserved.

Ian M

First Name
Chris
Cheers Tony, I always used to use a fine graphics pen after a gloss coat but it always seemed a bit heavy, never thought of using watercolours, I may well try some florymodel wash too.

Cheers

Chris

First Name
Tommy
A great build and wonderful weathered!

First Name
Dave
Top job as usual Tony.Nice weathering on the Typhoon.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks everyone ,and cheers for the stars too! :thumbs-up:tony p.s heres the link to the SIG build http://www.scale-models.co.uk/then-now-aircraft/12768-then-now-4th-stormo-regia-aeronautica-fiat-cr32-typhoon.html

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony Nice work! I've had a half finished Tiffy on my work bench for over 6 months now and this makes me want to finish it! great job on the finishing looks top drawer. All the best Paul

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's beautiful - as expected! Nice one Tony. *****

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Many Thanks paul, dave, i was quite chuffed at how it turned out actually. I was afraid the monotone grey would look very toy like but didnt want to go too far the other way and make it unrealistic with too much weathering and panel line emphasis.In many ways a single grey finish is as much of a bugger to get right as a NMF!! cheers tony

O

os40

Wow. Just wow. Amazing work.

How did you manage to paint those lines on the missiles?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Wow. Just wow. Amazing work.How did you manage to paint those lines on the missiles?
Thanks os , but i cant take credit for the lines on the missiles- they were decals, although very fiddly and loads of them (i think the AMRAAM 120's had about 10 on each one!!). cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
By heck Tony, thats a nice looking Typhoon mate. Love the weathering and that HUD has caught my eye too, looks real. Five stars mate, the last photo is spot on........

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one john! the nose to nose is my fave pic too, purely by chance the two nose ends were almost exactly the same height,so i thought it would make a good shot. cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb builds Tony, a credit to you. Excellent pictures too. I agree with our mate John the nose to nose is a cracker.

Big 5 for sure!

Cheers,

Ron