Last edited:
V

Vajled

nice cockpit and pilot ...

how is this kit? seems to be nice one?

Roman

A

andyrobs

Hi Roman, thanks for your comments, no problems with it so far, I'll let you know as I get on!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

P

phalinmegob

its a fun kit to build because its all straight lines so is easy for filling and sanding, its a while since i did this kit but i seem to remember it not needing much filling anyway

B

Buttonman

Gonna watch this buddy always wanted one but was woried about all the angles and serated edges.

Good luck

Martin

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
NIce kit andrew , great start too.I'll be watching this with interest cause ive got the monogram boxing of this kit in the stash, that one came with a P.E. fret too. cheers tony

P

phalinmegob

yeah mine had a fret of pe but was in a revell boxing, first time i had even seen a fret of pe and made a right pilchard of it, looked like i had applied superglue using a table tennis bat.

A

andyrobs

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a cracking Nighthawk Andy. I did the !:72 airfix, I think, ages ago, and putting the white inside the undercarriage bays was a pain.

Keep the pictures coming mate.

Tony.

A

andyrobs

\ said:
Thats a cracking Nighthawk Andy. I did the !:72 airfix, I think, ages ago, and putting the white inside the undercarriage bays was a pain.Thanks Tony, the undercarriage bays were all seperate, and easy to paint inside before fitting

Cheers, Andrew

First Name
Dave
A strange looking beast.I saw one fly over Dhahran Airbase in Saudi Arabia during the build up to the first Gulf war.One of our engineers from British Aerospace Australia got the sack for photographing one on the ground.Silly sod.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good andy , its a fair old size when its assembled isnt it? I saw one of these at the waddington airshow in 1995 and was surprised at its size , in the pics yopu only imagine it to be quite small. cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
A weird aircraft indeed. They don't fly too well with a wing missing either. "It doesn't look like it could fly":

A

andyrobs

Another quick update, decals finished, rear wheels dry fitted, canopy painted and fitted, I messed it up a bit but it will have to do, this one has kinda done my head in a bit!!!!!

View attachment 49507View attachment 49508View attachment 49509View attachment 49510View attachment 49511

And Tony, yup it is pretty big, about 40cm long I think

Next post will be in the completed section I think

Cheers, Andrew

View attachment 52249

View attachment 52250

View attachment 52251

View attachment 52252

View attachment 52253

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg