Revell 1/48 F-86D Sabre Dog

K

Kressy13

Hi all,

Well it is time to start another build and iv'e had this sitting for a while so I thought I would give it a go. this is the early version of the aircraft. Detail on the kit looks good with a fair few pieces going into the pit alone. Recessed panel lines and all that. To be honest i had never even heard of the aircraft till i got this for a B'day pressie. Well better get too it.

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 29651

View attachment 29652

View attachment 29653

View attachment 29654

F-86D 2.jpg

F-86D.jpg

F-86D 3.jpg

F-86D 1.jpg

F-86D 2.jpg

F-86D.jpg

F-86D 3.jpg

F-86D 1.jpg

F

Fenlander

There is something a bit sexy about the Sabres. I am particularly fond of the, so called, Super Sabre ever since I saw one at Newark Air Museum many years ago. There is also an oddly placed one pointing up to the sky rusting(?) away and covered in graffiti at the side of the A1 not far from me. Look forward to seeing this one come together, I take it it will be a NMF?

K

Kressy13

Hi graham, Thats the plan, Well going try to anyway.

Cheers

Kresten

F

Fenlander

Nice job detailing the side panels Kresten, bit more to these period jets than the pistons that came not long before them. Coming on very nicely.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice start Kresten, That tub looks nice and busy!

Graham: That Sabre pointing at the sky, bet that could be a well nice little Dio. I saw one done of a lightning that was dumped and rotting away, that to covered in graffiti,

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Not a bad idea Ian, trouble is getting good pictures as SWMBO goes past it at errr, shall we say 69.9mph? :driver:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Use a faster shutter speed then! I thought you where a photography !!!

Where is it exactly, or close enough. I take it it's not by the motorway seeing as the wife just saunters past it.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

It is right at the side of the A1 and you know, I am talking crap. It is a lightning. OK, it's confirmed, I am losing my mind.... not long for the :wheelchair:

D

Dingbat

Theirs a lightning in the forecourt of a local car dealership down this neck of the woods. You can see it from the A38 outside liskard.View attachment 23045

And it does stand in the middle of the forecourt as its shown and looks the dogs dangles.

View attachment 29772

1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a real nice cockpit you have built there Kresten!

Ian M

K

Kressy13

Thanks Ian, much appreciated. Well i have all the major components together and have sprayed the primer with paint to come. A quick question for anyone who knows. What colour was under the slats at the front of the wing when deployed as the instructions dont have a colour call out for it?

Cheers

Kresten

View attachment 30237

F-86D 9.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great kresten, personally id do the area under the slats in natural metal, ive seen a few pics of earlier f86's with the slats deployed and they seem to be finished like this, so i suppose the 'd' model would likely have been the same, cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Kresten very clean office! Great work on the details. I'm with Tony on the natural metal ,unlikely that they would prime this area

K

Kressy13

Hi all,

Thanks Tony, sounds good to me.

well the painting is all done on the main construction with most of the other parts still in need of paint. Their are that many decals thought that i wanted to get them started and do the little parts at the same time.

View attachment 30307

F-86D 10.jpg

J

JFJ

Looks good Kresten. The metal finish looks good. What paints do you use for this job?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking very nice here. Revell do seem to produce some really good kits (unlike the very old revell I'm working on now) and this appears to be one of them. Now, is it my turn to go a bit daft here, but did anyone see the Sabre fly at Cosford 2009 I think, just before it was sold and sent packing to the USA ? It was great to see the very smooth lines in action.

Regards

Colin M...........