Revell 1/72 bf110 E-1

B

Bari

Not sure if this is the right thread. I built this to practice with the airbrush I had as a retirement present I did the pre-shading etc but can't really see any difference, I don't know if there is to much of a soft edge on the camo and I think I got a bit to close to the starboard wing as that seems to have a fairly hard edge to the camo. The instructions re the mottle camo on the fuselage were very vague so I did what I thought they meant, not sure it's supposed to look like that though. The decals have silvered in places although I gave it a nice spraying with clear. Any tips on doing it better would be helpful. Oh, during the photo session I had a load of CD's fall of a shelf onto it, in some of the photo's the props are bent although the aerial survived.

View attachment 47614

View attachment 47615

View attachment 47616

View attachment 47617

View attachment 47618

IMG_0608a.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0613a.jpg

M

mobear

if thats the first real attempt at AB then you are off to a flyer well played my man,its really good,so you have to be proud of that :clap:

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job barry, looks like youll have no problems getting to grips with the airbrush.cheers tony

A

AJay

Very nice 110! The paint-job is excellent! I haven't dared to venture into Luft paint schemes as of yet!

B

Bari

Thanks for all the nice comments, I wasn't sure about the fuselage sides as to how far the underside colour came up or if it gradually faded into the green. the mottling was done with a stiff oil painting brush almost dry and dabbing bristles first onto the sides using dark green on the lighter green and vice versa.. I also learnt not to knock the bottle of super glue over as the fumes are not good on the nasal passages.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I will be very happy if, when I get around to being brave and connecting up the AB, I achieve anything like your great first result with the airbrush Barry.