Revell 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TF-X completed

W

wbk666

Battles with the carpet monster not withstanding i think this one is my best effort yet.

I could do with learning how to do the ariel rigging next.

Any critique and comment welcome.

W

wbk666

thanks Papa, it actually went together nicely, hardly any need for filler or sanding.

T

treyzx10r

Looks great,love the weathering especially underneath! Very nicely done Sir!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Agree with the others, this is a fantastic looking Beaufighter.

C

CDW

Yep, thats a nice looking aircraft build, i'd be quite chuffed with that myself.

Ariels in 1/72 ..... fine fishing monofilament and superglue does the job nicely.

K

Keith9657

Good job, Wayne. A very nice build. As Colin say, fishing line is good for the aerials. I CA one end and leave it for 24hrs before doing the other end. It might not need that long but thats just me.

Keith

W

wbk666

thanks everyone, i've pilfered some fishing line from an angle friend so i can give it a try later :D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job wayne, the old matchbox kit still gives a fantastic result! cheers tony

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great build Wayne and some nice weathering.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

Nice job Wayne. Got one waiting for me to have a go at.

On aerial rigging I use elastic thread. I put a small dob of c/a glue on each of the plastic ends to represent connections. Then stick the thread end in super glue & using tweezers to locate then with the other hand I apply a small dob of accelerator. The elastic thread allows a latitude of accidently touching & surviving.

Laurie

Add the thread is available on Ebay & Amazon. Comes in white & black & in different thicknesses. Sometimes refered to a jewellery elastic thread for beading.

Last edited:
W

wbk666

thanks, that sounds easier to get tight that nylon fishing line

T

tecdes

If you use elastic thread Wayne do not pull it tight just enough to give a bit of tension. It can pull masts away etc.

Laurie