Revell 1/72 Henschel HS 129B (04169) an old kit

W

wbk666

and now an old revell kit has made its way to my workbench

Henchel HS 129B (04169) 1/72

A very basic kit with numerous faults, raised detail and more rivets than the titanic.

I have a couple of other HS 129 kits that i'm going to build and compare.

Nor sure how usable these decals will be

The kit in all its glory

a couple of hours later the kit is built.

Only alterations i've dont is to drill out the cannon barrel to make it look at least something like a cannon even though the actually real one looked totally different

and now primed and drying overnight before i decide on the paint scheme.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A great start Wayne, Looking really nice so far.

Tony.

C

CDW

Looks like one of the early diecast models when it's just in green eh? :smiling3:

Apart from the inaccuracies (which i wouldn't even notice to be honest) i'm sure this'll be a decent build when you're through with it mate.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Only alterations i've dont is to drill out the cannon barrel to make it look at least something like a cannon even though the actually real one looked totally different
Depends which of the two cannon types you are trying to represent ;) lol

I built the B2 aircraft a while back in 1/48 from Hasegawa. I still have the B3 in my stash to build too

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great topic Wayne. A single seat heavily armoured tank hunter, apparently there was so little room in the cockpit that the gun sights were mounted externally on the nose. This one has a slightly more rounded and wider nose than the other kits I have seen. Or it could just be the primer has made it look that way.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Great topic Wayne. A single seat heavily armoured tank hunter, apparently there was so little room in the cockpit that the gun sights were mounted externally on the nose.
Also some engine gauges were mounted on the engine cowls due to lack of space.

W

wbk666

This kit doesnt included the external gunsight, maybe the next version will when i get around to it.

S

Saber

Lovely kit like the model stand in there as well, they never supply a stand these days. Looking great.

W

wbk666

ive notice a lot stopping with pilots too, just as im getting to enjoy painting them LOL

W

wbk666

and now the top side has had its first coat, had to use US Dark Green as its all i have in at the moment

W

wbk666

RLM 70 vallejo model air black green layered on to do the splinter.

I'll let it dry over night and varnish it tomorrow for the decals and weathering.

W

wbk666

HS 129b all finished, can't wait to do the later Revell version and a Pavla 129A kit i've got in my stash

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job wayne , you would never know that its an old kit, it looks fantastic , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
For such a basic kit - faults and all - that looks really good! Yet another sow's ear to silk purse conversion. I'd be pleased to have that on my display shelf for sure.

Gern