Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
View attachment 27848Touched up with some paint. Put some black specks all over to represent a base layer of black dirt/dust/soot. Time to seal it all in next! :o )

I noticed my gloss varnich is white. Will this dry clear?
What make is it? Regardless of make, shake the crap out of it, leave it for a couple of minutes and shake it some more. If it is an acrylic varnish don't worry they are all white in the bottle, Some, Vallejo to name the one I use even has a tint to it when you spray it. Dont worry though it clears as it dries.

Humbrol Clear coat must be shaken to death then shaken until it is dead. Otherwise you risk it 'fogging' as it dries.

Still cant get over how tint that thing is!

Ian M

K

Krieg-Hammer

It is Xtracrylix Acrylic gloss varnish. Comes in a normal bottle not the spray can version. So once thats on, hopefully get an oil wash under way. Yeah this model is tiny! The small parts were fiddly! I lost the hull machine gun! The most tricky part was the track links. They arent put on perfect, but I think the order I put them on was wrong. I should have fitted them before fitting the upper body to the lower hull as I'd have had more space to fit them in. As it turned out, I was fiddling about with tweasers to get the in. Anyway, I bought this small model to try out techniques and make mistakes before I attempt a 1:35 model for the first time. Looking forward to finishing this. Been on and off since January! A lot of time for a small model!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the time you have spent thus far is showing in the results. Its looking really good.

Ian M

K

Krieg-Hammer

View attachment 28401

Got some tips from Bunkerbarge... did some panel cleaning with turps using a cotton bud to get rid of the overall brown tinge, which did leave the oil tinge in the recesses. Coated with Xtracrylix matt varnish. Put some pencil markings on to represent bare metal. Next thing and final thing I guess is dirt and dust!! :o )

View attachment 34019

IMG_5387.jpg

K

Krieg-Hammer

Ok... so chalk pastels and IPA for dust and mud! First go at this.. think I over did it a bit, but at the end of the day this is a test build before I tackle the 1:35 scales! Better light for photographs today but now the thunder storms have come in! Anyway, gives an idea. Next will be some rust pigment on the mufflers. On the side skirt.. you can see too much IPA ate through all the layers! So... a big bit of crushed pastel to cover it up!

Looks like a tank from the Russian front now....

View attachment 28553View attachment 28554View attachment 28555View attachment 28556View attachment 28557

View attachment 34112

View attachment 34113

View attachment 34114

View attachment 34115

View attachment 34116

IMG_5535.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

S

SnaliaElino

モンクレール メンズ ダウン

モンクレール コート モンクレール ベスト ダウン モンクレール モンクレール 名古屋 あさ クリスチャンルブタン クリスチャンルブタン 店舗 ルブタン 靴 明るい ルブタン靴 ルブタン 店舗