Revell 1/8 ford 32 street rod

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well thanks to the generosity of michu (from another forum I am on) I have this kit to build. I will be doing it oob to try and regain some confidence. It is a massive kit (which again I thank him so very much for) my intention (assuming I don't ruin another kit) is when finished to take it apart and add more detail (given the size of this kit that should be more than possible) provided of course I don't ruin it. 
So wish me luck 

IMG_20160618_58157285638934.jpg

IMG_20160618_6477-451222721.jpg

IMG_20160618_21498665094160.jpg

P

Polux

Looks really big!!! :smiling3:

Another lovely model to add at your great collection ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Loving this ken, its a big kit as you say and will look mighty impressive when its done, if this doesnt get your mojo back nothing will ! Cheers tony

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here's the start, I've put a 1/24 car (a big one in real life next to the engine just to give an idea of size)
x6jwnc.jpg

21ottzd.jpg

2h7i1rc.jpg

6z9frq.jpg

w7omu.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Oh well I wish I'd done a bit of research before I painted the engine it's a 61 series pontiac v8 and revells call out for engine colour is yellow(which as we all know is one of the weakest pigments) so after struggling to get a solid colour, I've discovered it should be light blue, now I have to strip it and re do it light blue (not too upset as I didn't like the yellow anyway.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, enjoying this engine, sticking strictly to oob but there is so much potential for detailing up.
3450y8x.jpg

riw3fk.jpg

70819l.jpg

I've put it next to a 1/8 Citroën traction avant and a rule so you can see the size
r8t1kk.jpg

201dg3.jpg

First Name
Gregg
Watching this, one of my favourite genre's.

Looking good so far!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all tonight's bit, according to the instructions the engine is finished and there are no missing gaps in the spures, and the list of parts dosent list it but I'm sure there should be a fan blade ? I no nothing about these big American engines but every other car engine I've seen has one, also I've chosen the chrome exhausts, I wonder do they go blue like bike exhausts. 
21mypo2.jpg

ojksid.jpg

2rrwga9.jpg

t69s09.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on the motor Ken,very nice progress so far, :D

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
THAT IS HUGE!!! O.o :S

Awesome! B|

T

TimJ

Great work on the engine Ken. Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job on the engine ken , yes the exhausts would go blue / purple/ yellow near the manifolds if they were chromed just like a bikes. Cheers tony

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I've decided, as I used to customise bikes in my youth I would do a custom paint job on this I've started the background sky, I'm intending to do dragons and stuff on it, I've done it matt so I can draw and paint on it then in the end I will gloss it.
ibdsn7.jpg

opcn0g.jpg

oiyfba.jpg