Revell Ducati 996 1/9th Scale "FOGGY"

B

Bikecrazidanny

So as alot of you will know I'm also on here with my Tamiya Duke, well as that is being built I decided to start on my bigger one while I'm waiting for paints to dry so this is my progress so far. With the scale of this kit and the tamiya being so detailed I was excited, sadly Revell large scale bikes really aren't in the same league and it's going to be a very easy kit to finish quickly.

Cheers :smiling3:

Last edited:

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
looking good so far.know what you mean in my opinon you cant beat tamiya for quality and detail there is so much more to there kits then most other brands

B

Bikecrazidanny

Just wish they had some more up to date bikes in their catalogue meggsy :sad:

T

treyzx10r

still going to be a nice Foggy bike looking forward to seeing more

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just how much bigger is 1/9 bike next to a 1/12?

Ian M

meggsy

SMF Supporter
First Name
steve
ye i got a couple that are 06 and a 09 model i suppose it takes time to get permission from manufacturers to license it and then make the moulds etc. i must saw i really like the yamaha monster tech 3 bike in black and yellow but its still sbit pricey at the mo

M

m1ks

Surprised the chain is a one piece moulding, the zx7r revell 1/9 i have has a separate link assembly, looks incredibly fiddly, unsure if I'm looking forward to making that chain or not. Guess I could save it as one of those tedious things to do whilst watching nick sanders new dvd which I'll be getting soon.

M

m1ks

\ said:
Just how much bigger is 1/9 bike next to a 1/12?Ian M
Well it's 3 bigger isn't it! :D (spinal tap answer there, couldn't resist)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Well it's 3 bigger isn't it! :D (spinal tap answer there, couldn't resist)
:laughing: I s'pose I asked for that! How about some one posting a photo of the two scales next to each other.

Ian M

B

Bikecrazidanny

I will post a pic of them both together when they are done, unless someone does it sooner :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Ian here is what the scale diff looks like side by side ,and yes you did ask for that lol

Dan sorry for the thread jack

M

m1ks

Wow, that's some difference side by side. I have a couple of 1/9th scale to build but haven't yet. (Agusta mv and Kawasaki ZX7R).Is that a rickman faired z1000 racing machine at the back?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thank you Trey. I might just have a look at some 1/9 scale mc kits.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
M1ks,thats a Godier Genoud kawasaki.They were a pretty successful French privateer racing team in the 1970's.I saw them race in the Bol d'or at Paul Ricard circuit during my only trip there in 1979 (i think!).