revell fokker dr1

J

Jeff66

My first build since coming back to the hobby. Fokker dr1 from Revell, first built this aircraft 30+ years ago and don't remember it being this bad to build tons of flash and ill fitting parts. This gave me the chance to use filler which I never used before and first use of acrylic paint. Learnt a lot from this build so hopefully they will improve from here on.

sorry about quality of photo's used camera on phone and they have made model look lighter than it is and while the paint finish is not brilliant all the bad points seem to have been emphasised(honest)...JeffView attachment 76748

View attachment 76748

View attachment 76748

View attachment 76748

View attachment 76748

View attachment 76749

View attachment 76750

2012-07-28-055.jpg

2012-07-28-047.jpg

2012-07-28-050.jpg

J

Jeff66

Wow were did all the pics come from Thought I had only put three on !

First Name
Mike
That's an impressive return, Jeff. I don't see all these 'bad points' – everything looks aligned properly, no apparent seams, you've even added rigging. Great job.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Whats the scale as i have a 1/28 scale one in the wings,and as for bad points they must be good bad points.

Nice build.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great job on a difficult build , bi planes can be fiddly or in this case a tri plane and I think you've done a really well with it well done

J

Jeff66

1/28 scale. I am really pleased with it. putting the top wing on and getting it straight was a hole nights work but got there in the end...jeff

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely done Jeff, a nice return project and you have done a great job on it, right down to the rigging.

B

Bunkerbarge

I think you put three pictures on three times! Seriously though I think you are being hard on yourself. Old kits do take some wrestling with and old kits of bi-planes are amongst the worst. The slightest warp in a wing or fuselage half is a pain to correct without it dragging everything else off in the wrong direction as well. I think you have done a great job of getting this together neatly and it all looks in alignment to me.

If you have learned something from it as well it has been a very worthwhile project and we look forward to the next one.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A really lovely Dr1. I don't see any bad points either, makes me want to crack on and finish the 2 I've got on the go at the moment.

Fabulous model from an ageing kit, learned some new skills. Seems to me you got a great result from this build!

Cheers

P

D

Doug Hughes

Welcome back to the hobby, and a nice return too. I remember this kit from of old, and it's not a great kit, and, of course, tiny! Well done. Unless my memory deceives me, the 1:72 Sopwith Triplane from Revell is an easier kit to get a good result from (nice delicate wings), and would make a good companion piece.