Revell Handley Page Victor B1

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
There seems to be a pattern here that my builds take about three months to complete. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, three months seems to be it !

Anyway 'Big Vicky' is finished. I think I've over done the shading and wash a bit ! But I do like a dirty bird.........

View attachment 19534View attachment 19535View attachment 19536

It was a tricky build, lots of filler and sanding, but the result was a satisfying one. There's still plenty of mistakes that the pic's don't show, so more lessons have been learnt (and still a lot more to learn)

And finally, Mr Airfix, any chance of a Vickers Valiant before Christmas ??

View attachment 19541

Regards

Colin M...........

View attachment 26860

View attachment 26861

View attachment 26862

View attachment 26867

Front_RHS1.JPG

Underside_1.JPG

Rear_RHS.JPG

V_and_V.JPG

F

Fenlander

Very nice Colin, very nice indeed. Do I detect a little smile on the face of the Vulcan now he has a pal? Or is my medication in need of review........

B

Bunkerbarge

Never easy to weather an all over very light surface but that looks very realistic. How about a TSR1 until a Valiant comes along, that would look good with them?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Colin! What can I say; you have made a great jod of her. Looks like its been up all night fueling a whole squadron of thirsty figthers. It just looks used! Well done I like it and its a very good partner for your Vulcan. look forwards to you getting your hands on the Valiant and seing what you make of that one.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Top job Colin. I know you've had a bit of a battle with this one but that must be a very satisfying result. They do make a nice pair too!

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

Hi Colin, superb job their mate, I've never tried pre-shading, might be tempted after seeing your results. For me, I don't see that the weathering is too heavy, I have a book on the Vulcan's, and they can get pretty dirty, so the Victor with all its extra curves etc must have got even dirtier. I find that the photo very often exaggerates things like weathering and chipping as I have personally found. Look forward to your Valiant. Cheers Derek

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fabulous Victor and Vulcan Colin all that effort was well worth it!

All the best

Paul