Revell Learjet 35A/C-21 USAF/USAFE

T

Triumph

Ha ha, was going to say makes a change from military to build a civil but then the penny droped when I saw the decal sheet Dohh :smiling3: looking very good.

First Name
Mike
Looking good Terry, really like the interior. I've built this kit and enjoyed it, looking forward to seeing yours completed.

N

noble

I like this keep up the good work, will be continuing to watch.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Tail planes should have a 0deg dihedral. That would be flat to you and me.

Ian M

0ne48thtel

Cheers Ian that is how I thought it should be. easy enough to correct as they are only fixed with CA.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good Terry. As Ian says, there is minimal dihedral on the tail planes.

0ne48thtel

Thanks Joe I have rectified them this evening and they look as they should now.

0ne48thtel

Tonight I have started some work on the engines. As there is a difference in the military variant I am altering them accordingly. I am going to add thrust reversers made from styrene sheet but before I do that I need to lessen the depth of the engine mount. On the Learjet 35A there is more of a moulded look to the engine as can be seen below. The left hand engine has been altered ready for the reversers to be added with a little more sanding to be done. Where as the right hand engine is how it came out of the box. View attachment 89929

View attachment 89930

View attachment 89931

001.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Doe sit have bucket reversers on the exhausts Terry? Most early Learjets had no reversers, some had a drag chute. Doesn't make for efficient operation at short airfields, or indeed at any airfield if you drop the chute.

S

steve scan

Looking good Terry, never realised what a nice looking aircraft this was.

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys, Joe it does indeed have the buckets I didn't know some of the earlier ones used break chutes. That would explain why on some pictures I have looked at they appear to have a cap on the tail of the airframe. All the ones that I have seen go through Fairford have had the buckets fitted. It has got me thinking maybe the USAF ones have been upgraded to give better operational capabilities.