Revell Shelby GT 350-H

S

Saj

Hi guys, i'm fairly new to model building. I thought i'd post some pics of my builds and see what you guys think. This Revell shelby GT 350-H is my third and latest build. As you can see i'm still having some problems with the paint cracking. Look forward to your comments, Saj.

View attachment 48457

IMG_0225.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hi saj,

Great subject and a nice result. Shame about the paint. It looks like some sort of reaction. Do you have any idea what happened ? Was the gloss applied before the base coat had dried ? Or maybe you sprayed a 'true' automotive paint onto bare plastic, I done this once and ended up with a similar result.

Colin M..

C

Curtis

Nice work Saj,

Good job for a beginner (like me!). I've got a shelby gt-500 thats nearly ready for posting.

S

Saj

Thank guys, I have posted the paint problem on the pain forum and have got some useful tips. It seems I have been applying too thick coats of paints and not leaving enough time to dry in between each coat. R.E Cat The Shelby GT-500 was my first ever model and was a complete disaster for me. Judging by your first attempt it should turn out great for you. Look forward to seeing the finished job, Saj

C

Curtis

My GT500 isn't going as well as my aston did, but the instructions are a bit hit and miss! It's made my Ertl an American model kit company and the numbers don't match to the actual parts etc, very annoying!

But yeh, love the black and gold colour scheme on your GT 350H!