Revell Swordfish 1/72

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Well I have finished. Or at least it's as finished as It'll get. I was going to attempt all the rigging and started trying out different possibilities from Black Thread, Fuse Wire and some heated / stretched sprue....... Then salvation came along in the form of a small grandson who want's it for his bedroom.

I think the result isn't bad. Could have been a lot better. I'm moving on to Airbrushing for my next trick.

I made the base out of a piece of MDF and some oak veneer.

Peter

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job Peter. It will look fantastic hanging from your grandson's ceiling.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Lovely looking Job Peter, and you never know, having it in the Grandsons bedroom ceiling might tempt him to do one himself.

They're never too young to start lol

Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stevekir

\ said:
I was going to attempt all the rigging and started trying out different possibilities from Black Thread, Fuse Wire and some heated / stretched sprue.....
I read somewhere recently that very fine Lycra thread (elastic) is good, because, if it is lightly stretched when fixing, it remains taught even when its fastening points move (e.g.., wings). My local shop does not stock a fine enough thread, but there is a seamstress near me so I will investigate. (The thread, I mean).

A

andyrobs

Hi Peter, cracking build mate. Another option for your rigging would be bait elastic used for sea fishing. Available in a couple of different sizes, and also in black or white. Ask them in your local fishing tackle shop mate.

Cheers, Andrew

1275GT

Hi Peter. Thats a nice finish you have there. Having just finished the old Airfix Swordfish, I can recommend the lycra thread method. It was my first time rigging, and found it pretty easy to use and forgiving stuff.

Cheers, Neil

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Thanks Guys. I'll see if I can get some Lycra Thread tomorrow and give it a go.

Peter