Revell USS Enterprise 1/720. Purists clench.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HI again MR Conkers well you've had your
fun an it looks great as Steven said very definitly original! but when you are ready will you paint it in its original! colors ?
ATB Chris

There ain't enough grey in the world to cover that up. No, I think I will be keeping as it is, and will send pics to Lloyd Austin suggesting he rethink his camouflage strategy.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The camouflage strategy is obviously an early prototype SEP field.

Somebody else's problem, the idea being people look at the colour and think they must be imagining the whole thing and ignore it.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The camouflage strategy is obviously an early prototype SEP field.

Somebody else's problem, the idea being people look at the colour and think they must be imagining the whole thing and ignore it.
Just like the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Trahl, a creature so stupid that it thinks if it can't see you, you can't see it.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Absolutely. I’ve been a fan since it first aired. The radio series was by far the best incarnation of the idea. Better even than the books. The less said about the TV series and film the better!

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Absolutely. I’ve been a fan since it first aired. The radio series was by far the best incarnation of the idea. Better even than the books. The less said about the TV series and film the better!

Oh yes. I was 10 when it aired, and it fired my imagination. Also probably turned me atheist!

The story of how it was made is incredible, some episodes written three days before being aired, recorded an hour before.

There are ideas thrown away in there from which you could make a film or book premise, yet they're mere comedy line. Douglas Adams had a brain the size of a planet.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So a friend of mine who works in the theatre told me there's a reason pink isn't in the Rainbow Flag, and other symbols. Anyway, I'll wait to do a campervan to get Priscilla about it.

Decided to have a rummage in my ebay paint job lot and found a couple of tins of Humbrol metallic blue and green. Got our food blender out to mix then slapped it on.

This stuff goes on better if you talk to it. Anyway, it'll go lovely with my plans for "varnishing".

20210120_210744.jpg

First Name
Carl
So a friend of mine who works in the theatre told me there's a reason pink isn't in the Rainbow Flag, and other symbols. Anyway, I'll wait to do a campervan to get Priscilla about it.

Decided to have a rummage in my ebay paint job lot and found a couple of tins of Humbrol metallic blue and green. Got our food blender out to mix then slapped it on.

This stuff goes on better if you talk to it. Anyway, it'll go lovely with my plans for "varnishing".

View attachment 411586
And there was me worrying about what shade of red to paint the hull.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Oh yes. I was 10 when it aired, and it fired my imagination. Also probably turned me atheist!

The story of how it was made is incredible, some episodes written three days before being aired, recorded an hour before.

There are ideas thrown away in there from which you could make a film or book premise, yet they're mere comedy line. Douglas Adams had a brain the size of a planet.
Yes he did, but he never wanted to be a writer, he was much more inclined to acting. Unfortunately the success of this series stopped him following that muse. Still, Zaphod’s just this guy, you know?