Revels Battlestar Galactica

First Name
Dave
Looks good.How big is it?.Im guessing 40 to 50cm long?.Im a big fan of the second series myself.Not too keen on the first one staring Dirk Benedict and Lorne Green (Hos Cartwright to the older forum members!).

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looks good.How big is it?.Im guessing 40 to 50cm long?.Im a big fan of the second series myself.Not too keen on the first one staring Dirk Benedict and Lorne Green (Hos Cartwright to the older forum members!).
its only 33.8 cm long which is why I only done it with a dry brushing effect to make the detail stand out , it was a really easy kit built in an hour and painted complete in three days.

I was a big fan of the original series when I was a kid but the new season I think was the best SF series to date, the new series of the first cylon war starts early next year and im realy looking forward to that.

First Name
Adrian
I loved the original, the new series tried to give too much depth to each character, and dont even get me started on Caprica. Oh and Hos was the huge guy with the big hat, Lorne son in the series :smiling3:

Oh and oh,, great build btw :smiling3:

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I loved the original, the new series tried to give too much depth to each character, and dont even get me started on Caprica. Oh and Hos was the huge guy with the big hat, Lorne son in the series :smiling3: Oh and oh,, great build btw :smiling3:

Adrian
I liked caprica. well the second half of it, the problem with it was there was no action and that's why it failed.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I loved the original, the new series tried to give too much depth to each character, and dont even get me started on Caprica. Oh and Hos was the huge guy with the big hat, Lorne son in the series :smiling3: Oh and oh,, great build btw :smiling3:

Adrian
Sorry Adrian,your right.Hos was one of Lorne Greens sons in Bonanza.You must be as old (54) or older than me to remember that!.Didnt know there was a new series of Cylon wars coming out .Will have to watch out for that.

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Sorry Adrian,your right.Hos was one of Lorne Greens sons in Bonanza.You must be as old (54) or older than me to remember that!.Didnt know there was a new series of Cylon wars coming out .Will have to watch out for that.
Just gone 46, I was brought up on it by my mom :smiling3:

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
yes its called Battlestar Galactica Blood And Crome , the pilot mini series starts on the 14th feb in the states so we should get it around march april time.

First Name
Dave
Found a few minutes of Blood and Chrome on youtube.Looks like it might be quite good.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Found a few minutes of Blood and Chrome on youtube.Looks like it might be quite good.
im stopping away from any spoilers I want to see it fresh and new , gonna be hard though what with sky showing new shows in every break they have , I think ill just have to stick my fingers in my ears close my eyes and hum very loudly lol

S

smulx

I've just bought this. I haven't built anything since I was a kid though, when I used to do a poor job of making small military planes. Have you got any tips on putting it together and painting it?

N

noble

i like this a lot top notch work. i am a big fan i liked the older series with face man, and have just finished watching all 5 seasons of the new series. i found the ending to be very profund kinda makes you think.

5 stars lovely work.

Scott

P

phalinmegob

Still not sure I understood what was going on with starbuck near the end though

N

noble

\ said:
Still not sure I understood what was going on with starbuck near the end though
An angel sent to guide adama to earth.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I've just bought this. I haven't built anything since I was a kid though, when I used to do a poor job of making small military planes. Have you got any tips on putting it together and painting it?
The kit fits together well so you won't have any problems with it , problems are the decals they don't fit no mater how you attach them , painting is easy on this kit , the detail is really deep so after you've put a base coat of grey or silver over the your build you can put a watered down coat of dark grey ( I used revells anthracite grey mat number 09 ) so it settles nicely into the cracks in the kit , then go back to your base coat of grey or silver ( I used revells grey number 374 ) it does tell you to mix paints in the instructions but there is no need realy.

To dry crush all you do is wipe most of the paint off your brush and move it over the surface of the kit so the paint just covers the raised areas , you may need to do this a couple of times to cover the large areas but its affective and easy.

I hope this has been of help and when finished put it on here I'd love to see it , if I can be of anymore help just message me and see if I can help

S

smulx

Thanks for the advice, Alan. That's really helpful. Couple of questions.. Did you paint any of the pieces before assembling them or did you put the entire thing together and then paint it? How do you determine which colours to use if you aren't following the instructions, and how many coats to do, whether you need to water the paint down, etc? I don't even know where to start with all that. If the requirements go beyond picking a colour and painting it, I feel lost.

Thanks again.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I painted the I side of the launch bays that's all , it takes one coat of grey then a watered down dark grey then dry-brushed , depending on who much you water down the dark grey depends on how many coats of dry-bushing you need to cover the over spill from the dark grey but the panel lines are nice and deep so it comes up looking nice.

I looked at the paint instructions and it tells you to mix grey with silver I tested this but it looked very dark so I just used the grey and dark grey for it but its your choice but beware mixing if you don't get it spot on or make sufficiant amount to cover the kit it will ruin the look.

Paint numbers I used revells acrylic

Just take these numbers to your local hobby shop and tell him you want them in revell acrylics he'll sort them out for you.

Hope this helps