Richards completed 1/700 scale IJN Ships make over.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That would be excellent in any scale, but in 1/700 it's amazing.
Pete

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very, very good, Richard. The whole scene is amazing in that scale ( or any other really ). I particularly like the prop wash /wakes from the moving ships.
John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard

That really is something very special indeed. Very different from your other dio but just as good.

Spectacular finishes and a great sea finish.

I just have one request..... Could you take another shot with a strategically placed paint pot of a known size for calibration purposes?

Simply outstanding!

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That would be excellent in any scale, but in 1/700 it's amazing.
Pete
Thanks Pete, if the scale was any bigger, more details would need to be added. In 1/700 you can get away with a lot.
That's an award winner if ever I saw one. Superbly done Richard.
Thank you kindly Jim, would have gotten something if I had put it in the right category.
Richard that is just Wonderful!
It was a privilege watching it come together.
Utterly Brilliant!
Thank you Neil and for the encouragement along the whole length of the wip since the start of the restart almost 3 years ago.
Very, very good, Richard. The whole scene is amazing in that scale ( or any other really ). I particularly like the prop wash /wakes from the moving ships.
John.
Thanks John, I used Vallejo acrylic putty for the wakes and prop wash straight from the tube.
Richard

That really is something very special indeed. Very different from your other dio but just as good.

Spectacular finishes and a great sea finish.

I just have one request..... Could you take another shot with a strategically placed paint pot of a known size for calibration purposes?

Simply outstanding!

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew and yes from the jungle to the sea. Will get a picture up if weather holds and its not too hot and bright. Will a Vallejo bottle do? I'll throw in a Humbrol tinlet as well.

Cheers,
Wabble

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Pete, if the scale was any bigger, more details would need to be added. In 1/700 you can get away with a lot.

Thank you kindly Jim, would have gotten something if I had put it in the right category.

Thank you Neil and for the encouragement along the whole length of the wip since the start of the restart almost 3 years ago.

Thanks John, I used Vallejo acrylic putty for the wakes and prop wash straight from the tube.

Thanks Andrew and yes from the jungle to the sea. Will get a picture up if weather holds and its not too hot and bright. Will a Vallejo bottle do? I'll throw in a Humbrol tinlet as well.

Cheers,
Wabble
Perfect!!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brilliant work Richard. This is simply superb - everything from the water to the weathering on the roofs is excellent, not to mention the ships themselves.

Awesome :thumb2:
Paul

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's simply stunning Richard. Everything about it oozes quality workmanship.
Perfect!!
Simply stunning work. One day I might get to 50 % of that quality.
Got yourself
View attachment 485507
Wabble, detail is brilliant.
Brilliant work Richard. This is simply superb - everything from the water to the weathering on the roofs is excellent, not to mention the ships themselves.

Awesome :thumb2:
Paul
Wonderful. Such a lot to look at and all superbly done. There is so much implied dynamic action that I swear the ships were actually moving about…..
Thank you Andy, Andrew, Stefan, John, Paul and Tim.
3 years of workmanship, a bit of perfection, 99% hardwork, quest for danglies, tiny bit of brilliance and some trickery went into this build and I had fun.
As promised a shot with paint pots and TET bottle for scale comparison.

20230704_152740.jpg

Cheers,
Wabble

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A most excellent Diorama Richard. The detail is unbelievable but there it is.
Will you be able to re-enter it in the correct class next year? To another contest?

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thank you Andy, Andrew, Stefan, John, Paul and Tim.
3 years of workmanship, a bit of perfection, 99% hardwork, quest for danglies, tiny bit of brilliance and some trickery went into this build and I had fun.
As promised a shot with paint pots and TET bottle for scale comparison.

View attachment 485514

Cheers,
Wabble
That is quite simply staggering Richard..... Makes it so the more impressive now I have something to compare it too.

Very well done again.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agreed with my colleague Andrew, thanks for the comparison photos. Even more impressive considering we now the size.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
That is simply incredible! The detail is stunning. Then when you see the scale!!! Just blows your mind away.