Rick's 1-87 Scale 3D Printed Fiat 666 Cargo Truck

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Rick

Sorry, completely missed the start of this. This has been fighting you hadn't it.

I'm seriously considering pressing buy on their 155mm Long Tom..... you're making me doubt the wisdom......

Unfortunately, I cannot find any reviews.

Hope you manage to get this over the line.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gents for the kind words and support. Don't let my difficulties put you off Andy. I wouldn't be doing this except for the rarity of this particular vehicle in 1-87 scale. Your Long Tom may be a different can of worms or it may be a breeze. One thing is certain.....you have to work on these with a "light" touch and mind where you grab it cause of the small bits. ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Gents for the kind words and support. Don't let my difficulties put you off Andy. I wouldn't be doing this except for the rarity of this particular vehicle in 1-87 scale. Your Long Tom may be a different can of worms or it may be a breeze. One thing is certain.....you have to work on these with a "light" touch and mind where you grab it cause of the small bits. ;)

Noted!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I don't know this firm or anything about them, but it's worth remembering that this 3D printing lark is mostly done by amateurs and one-man-bands like ourselves, so we should have lower expectations than for an injection-moulded kit. And not being mass-produced in its hundreds of thousands it's no way going to compare favourably price-wise either.
The only reason this truck is there is because someone has a passion for it and has shared it with those VERY few -no offense- who are also interested. It will have required the same amount of research and (CAD)draughtsmanship to create the digital original as any Tamiya kit, it's just the manufacturing engineering that's different.
Lecture over, sorry!