Rick's 1/87 Scale Cornerstone P51 Mustang (Lee's P51 GB 2022)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's the final result of playing with "shiny" stuff. As I stated in the build thread, just a "small" tribute to the Tuskegee Men who fought and sacrificed in more ways than one, to make a contribution for the Greater good of mankind. P1012451.JPGP1012452.JPGP1012454.JPGP1012456.JPGP1012458.JPG

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You've done a really fine job with this Rick. You certainly have a way with this scale.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
An absolutely fantastic finish and a great tribute Rick!!! You've nailed it to a "T", being so damn tiny too!!! I wouldn't worry about the silver finish either, as I'm sure the real 'Stangs' had the same with wear and tear on them...It's hard to believe these guys had to fight 109's, 190's and the like, flying P-40's at the start. A brave bunch of men for sure and please bring on the dio my friend. It'll be a goodun'......

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Jim, The scale is Just right for the amount of room I have to work with. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
All went pretty well Allen considering I'd never played with this stuff before.....after bustin' JR's chops over not having a "Big" Bertha in his French Pastry shop, I came up with this name for my fictitious Pilot's Bird.......I think "Big" Betty is appropriate....Hope he likes it! Got most of the stuff to do the Dio. just need to round up a proper base. Thanks again for keeping up with this and your nice comments.:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow JR, the Dog's? I didn't think it was that good.....but will abide by the committees' decision. Thank them for me and let them know it is greatly appreciated. ;)

• Love
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You little tinker!!.....
.... There's you with your "I'm going to be way last in this GB Smiffy",and then  Wham...... have some of them apples,FINISHED !! ;)
Not only have you pipped me to the post, but in some style too....that looks great, very nice indeed, well done mate :smiling3:

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Gentlemen for your overwhelming support and approval. This will definitely be a huge motivator in getting me to start up the Diorama for this build. Much appreciated! :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You little tinker!!.....
.... There's you with your "I'm going to be way last in this GB Smiffy",and then  Wham...... have some of them apples,FINISHED !! ;)
Not only have you pipped me to the post, but in some style too....that looks great, very nice indeed, well done mate :smiling3:
Sorry Smiffy....I drug my feet as hard as I could.......you should be pretty close to rolling over the line. See ya soon! ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
An excellent finish. I’m sure your dio will really set the Mustang off nicely.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Colin, working on the dio. Presently. :thumb2: