Rick's 1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Airfield Fuel Tanker

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi All, thought I'd do a blog on this build. I intend to do some serious chopping and modifying to get the desired results. The base vehicle is an obsolete Roskopf Models 1-87 scale Mercedes Benz L5 fuel truck. So here goes....P1012608.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's the results of the first modification, it's a convertible.....actually open top trucks were quite common in the German Military services.....also gives me an opportunity to detail the interior.P1012609.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Now,now JR, we must wait for the other guests to arrive....'twouldn't be polite to have them show up with no refreshments on hand. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Slow progress on this.......Spring chores getting in the way. New storage cabinet with hose reel, still need to make doors and fit reel inside. This model will be portrayed with the cabinet doors open and the fuel hose payed out to the #3 engine fuel filler port in the upper nacelle on the r/h wing. Also upgraded wheels and tires.P1012610.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Mick.....it doesn't take much to get you folks to come around.......see what I mean? As I was typing this response Jim showed up, I guess he smelled the Hobnobs when I pulled 'em out of the oven!!

Thanks Jim......more to come. :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Don't do Hobnobs Rick, so you guys can have at them! I feel you on the no progress front too. At that scale, it probably took a week to make the reel box for the side! Looking good though and should be a nice addition to your plan Buddy. I'll try and keep up...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome guys, JR has been all over the Hobnobs so there might not be very many left. Last time I saw him he was stuffing his gob with both hands while balancing his coffee mug on his forehead!! :tongue-out3: ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well this build is moving right along (like watching grass grow)....last minute change to the hose reel cabinet, reel will stay exposed with forward section closed in. Formed a door handle up out of .010 brass rod, still needs hinges. I knocked out a dash and punched in some holes for the gauges...must do the shift and E-brake levers and find a suitable steering wheel. P1012614.JPGP1012613.JPG