Rick's 1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Phanomen Granit 25H Ambulance

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Ernie, still a little detail painting to go and some weathering.....I finally got the wheels on it tonight, I'll post another update tomorrow. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wheels on! The right front seemed a scale foot off the ground....Once the glue had set enough to put this little darlin' back on her feet, it was off with the right front and plug the axle hole (in the wheel) snip of the axle pin and relocate it! She now is standing on her "all fours". Threw some black paint on the running boards to simulate rubber matt and blacked out the marker lights and spotlight. P1012747.JPGP1012748.JPG

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That is looking exceptionally fine Bro!!! To hell with the surfboards, the luggage in the roof rack does the job perfectly. Sorry to hear about the wheel prob, but you've mastered that too!!! My only suggestion is to give Fritz a couple of sammiches as he's been lying on that stretcher for days now and looks really hungry...Maybe a cold beer too!!!...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
SURF'S UP!!!!....The long board has arrived, (scratched by yours truly) and Hans has decided to try it out! I got the dull coat on and we are moving towards getting the window glass in and the final details in place before weathering.....still waiting on the "fat" lady. ;) P1012749.JPGP1012750.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andy, at this scale I think it would be much easier as I just used a scale 8' length of plastic strip filed to shape and sanded....for the skeg I used a narrower piece with a "nip" out of it with a paper punch glued in place and done in about 15 minutes. ;)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
SURF'S UP!!!!....The long board has arrived, (scratched by yours truly) and Hans has decided to try it out! I got the dull coat on and we are moving towards getting the window glass in and the final details in place before weathering.....still waiting on the "fat" lady. ;) View attachment 485063View attachment 485064
..... Blimey.... I`ve been so wrapped up in feeling HOT,KNACKERED,WORKING,( and generally PANTS :rolling:), that i ain`t had much time to do much more than finish my Dauntless!!:nerd:
.... HOWEVER,.....I have seen this for the first time this evening.... SUPERB stuff mate,Love it:cool:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Luv it Bro!!! You just forgot to give Hans a pair of 'shades' and his dummy cord to the board, around his ankle though.......
Just for you Dude~......gonna have to get creative when it comes time for the "fat" Gal to do her "thang".:tears-of-joy:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
..... Blimey.... I`ve been so wrapped up in feeling HOT,KNACKERED,WORKING,( and generally PANTS :rolling:), that i ain`t had much time to do much more than finish my Dauntless!!:nerd:
.... HOWEVER,.....I have seen this for the first time this evening.... SUPERB stuff mate,Love it:cool:
'Sokay Smitty......you've been working overtime so's to get that girl done. Glad you stopped by and found it to your satisfaction!;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry for not commenting for some time Rick .Just had a catch up, looking really good . How on earth you and Paul E manage in this scale is beyond me .
Easily confused , what's with the surfboard ?