Rick's 1-87 Scale ROCO Ju-52m Medical Transport

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Righto Tim and Chris........I'm just plugging away, currently masking off the canopy. Must be done in stages as it is no bigger than an inch square. :tongue-out2: :nerd: Think I'm going crazy........

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Rick, I currently have invested in the cardboard box spray booth, very economical and easily replaced :smiling:
Thanks Mick......I love my little cheapo spray booth....The missus got 3 of 'em several years ago, the first one lasted about six years before the overspray build up got ridiculous. I am currently on the second one. At the rate I'm going it should last a few more years, so probably won't need to hunt a new one down any time soon, Glad you stopped by and good luck on the "Dual Dakotas".

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just realized I hadn't posted a pic. of the box art for this crummy model.....also I'm kind of at a stopping point till the rest of the decals arrive.....ROCO in its infinite wisdom, has also chosen to ignore "History" and kindly removed the Swastika tail markings so the world would know of their efforts in Austria to attempt to ignore the obvious. In the meantime I have got the canopy framework painted as best I can......this also was a PITA. It was a clunky ill formed part to begin with so I didn't expect much in the results. I sat it in place and will not be posting on this until I get the decals on it.P1012543.JPGP1012547.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Chris.....after building a couple of wingy thingies in the past I could tell when I started this one, it was going to be a nightmare. Unfortunately, it was the only game in town. (no other JU 52's in 1-87 scale) With the corrugated skin on this thing there is really no way to true up the joints and seams as you will wipe out the detail. I never dreamed that the canopy wouldn't mate up to the fuselage but there it is.......sticks out like a sore thumb! I just keep reminding myself that it is only going to be a "prop" on a larger diorama so it won't be at the focal point of the action. For what it's worth I am trying to make the best of it. Thanks for stopping by. ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Rick i still think you have done a grand job on this ju52 as yes that canopy does stick out on the real thing as this planes was in my opinion one of the uglyiest planes to take to the air an it looks like it was just thrown togeather out of spare parts but for me therein lyies the fastionation of the plane as i looked around the real plane at duxford air museum an i then thought what a ugly plane but it was a real trooper so im led to beleive so your model is a beauty an a very nice buid mate
chrisb