“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Zvezda,1.35 T-34/76

well started this one about a week ago,before the trip to the dentist, >:sad:

calling it the Rise of the Hitler Youth, :D

do have ,well in my eyes very good plans for this one, :o

will not give to much more way untill I get the 2 sets of figures,Im waiting on,one set ,MB,the other D-Day,figures,if you have not seen the D-Day range,

do have a look some great figures,and there is a few more I will be getting as well,

as you can see the T34,is all together,need to do some work before the tracks go on,as you can see she hs had a couple of hits by a rocket,to the rear,

is all I,m saying at the moment,

well hope you do like this one I have planed, :D

20160521_173348.jpg

20160521_173353.jpg

20160521_173400.jpg

20160521_173447.jpg

D

dubster72

Another project from the tank factory!  :P

That gun barrel looks more like a T-34/85 than a '76...

Should make for an interesting one to watch Monica - one thing though...

The 12th SS Panzer only fought against the Soviets in 1945, in Hungary. By then,  most of the earlier version T-34s had been destroyed or removed from front line service.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Another project from the tank factory!  :P

That gun barrel looks more like a T-34/85 than a '76...

Should make for an interesting one to watch Monica - one thing though...

The 12th SS Panzer only fought against the Soviets in 1945, in Hungary. By then,  most of the earlier version T-34s had been destroyed or removed from front line service.

well ,yes I know got my years, and facts not so right with the T,but this is one that was pickup along the way and refueled / repaired lol, B|

and thrown into the push for Berlin,makes for a good story , :/

as in the world Hitler youth,I,m using as the young people,that he did consider ,his,so to say,or maybe change it to the Rise of The FolksFuem,,the peoples storm,

maybe better suited, 9_9

but beside all that I do hope you like my idea for what it is, :/

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Looking good Monica.

I do like the explosion.

ta Ralph glad that you do like the T,so far still some work to go, :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I do like your idea Moni, and I'm sure that it'll be a good one. 

As far as the historical accuracy goes, I don't think it's wrong to try & keep things as correct as possible. The use of a Mod 1942 T-34 in 1945 just isn't realistic. Whilst the Germans were known to throw all kinds of vehicles into the defence of their homeland, there simply wasn't that need on the Russian side.

The Soviets didn't repair their tanks, rather they relied on their production to exceed their losses. This they did, but only but small margins. In 1943 - 45, roughly 90% of all T-34s built were destroyed in action. 

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do like your idea Moni, and I'm sure that it'll be a good one. 

As far as the historical accuracy goes, I don't think it's wrong to try & keep things as correct as possible. The use of a Mod 1942 T-34 in 1945 just isn't realistic. Whilst the Germans were known to throw all kinds of vehicles into the defence of their homeland, there simply wasn't that need on the Russian side.

The Soviets didn't repair their tanks, rather they relied on their production to exceed their losses. This they did, but only but small margins. In 1943 - 45, roughly 90% of all T-34s built were destroyed in action. 

ta for the great info,very much appreciated,

well what I will do is switch it out for some think else,no biggie with that,and as you say should keep it some what right lol, :D ,

so what would of been ,used at that stage by the Russian,in the attack on Berlin,?

as it would be good to know what to get, Please, 9_9 :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Scott,,should turn out well if I get things right,so glad your liking this so far, :D

D

dubster72

ta for the great info,very much appreciated,

well what I will do is switch it out for some think else,no biggie with that,and as you say should keep it some what right lol, :D ,

so what would of been ,used at that stage by the Russian,in the attack on Berlin,?

as it would be good to know what to get, Please, 9_9 :D

A T-34/85 would be the best one or an ISU-152. Either of them featured heavily in the Battle of Berlin.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta so much for the info, :D ,will get one at the swap meet next mouth,give me time to work on the base building

and so on,like figures,and try to find a few odds and ends, :smiling3:

have a su-1oo, :/

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well some progress on this one,

did the cobble stone road today,and started work on the building,all stones so took some time to lay them,

next the building which will be a lot of work as well,trying some think different this ,time,but wish I had of gotten,

the bickwall sheeting which would save hours of time,oh well always next time, :sad:

well hope you like the progress,so far, O.o

20160624_165530.jpg

20160624_165537.jpg

20160624_165542.jpg

20160624_165546.jpg

20160624_165639.jpg

20160624_165644.jpg

D

dubster72

Those cobbles look really good Monica. I'd never have the patience to do all that!

J

John Rixon

Wow! How many hours do spend a day on this? Love to see proper scratch building!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Those cobbles look really good Monica. I'd never have the patience to do all that!

Wow! How many hours do spend a day on this? Love to see proper scratch building!

Very nice start on the base.

thank you ,Patrick,John,,Ralph,for such nice comments,much appreciated, :D

that lot to cover an area of 320mm,W x 240mm D,took about 3hrs as you do need to clean up each one,

there much like track links,the sooner you start and just do it,before you know it, it,s done,with a few smokes and coffee,lol, 9_9

must say they do look much better than drawing them into depron, :/

K

kintosh

Great Start Monica never come across Depron before, having checked it out looks like a good medium, how does it take paint (acrylic) ?

Bob

L

Leighbo

Nice work on this Monica especially on the cobbles. Look forward to seeing this one come together 

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Great Start Monica never come across Depron before, having checked it out looks like a good medium, how does it take paint (acrylic) ?

Bob

its fine with a primer first,as I use Vallejo,and then acrylics,so glad that your liking it,so far, :smiling3:

Nice work on this Monica especially on the cobbles. Look forward to seeing this one come together 

ta Leigh,glad your liking the start, :smiling3: