Robbe u47 decks

K

kinggeordie

Hi to all i have just joined this great site with loads of useful info on already, i own a robbe u2540 and seawolf and i am currently half way through a u47, i am looking at purchasing some detailed decks like the ones from model brass, i have emailedthis guy about 13 - 15 times with no reply, any ideas of any one else who does them? thanks Lee

S

subzero

\ said:
Hi to all i have just joined this great site with loads of useful info on already, i own a robbe u2540 and seawolf and i am currently half way through a u47, i am looking at purchasing some detailed decks like the ones from model brass, i have emailedthis guy about 13 - 15 times with no reply, any ideas of any one else who does them? thanks Lee
Hi and welcome...

Try Dave at www.subcommitee.com

Hope this is of use.

I have the U2540 and the U-47 both highly modified. how about some pics of yours ??

Regards Sub.

Last edited:
K

kinggeordie

\ said:
Hi and welcome...Try Dave at Home he used to stock the brass decks , I don't know if he still does but he has contacts in the U.S that might shed some light...failing that try a post on the

www.subpirates.com web site , this is mainly a U.S site and they may be able to help. or the

www.committee homeland security senate rural at subcommitee.com

Hope this is of use.

I have the U2540 and the U-47 both highly modified. how about some pics of yours ??

Regards Sub.
many thanks ill give them ago

K

kinggeordie

\ said:
Nice,a couple of my V11 and XX1.

Hope you like them

regards sub.
really nice job on both, is the 7c the accurate armour conning tower conversion?

thanks lee

B

Bunkerbarge

Lee have you ever visited any of the northern model boat shows? The two subs shown above can be seen regularly at events around the north and i'm sure that Sub Zero would be happy to let you know where they will appear next.

I like your type XXI as well, did you keep her as a dynamic diver or convert her to static?

There are a few more shots of Sub Zero's U-47 here, where you can see the tower detail a bit better:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/gallery/browseimages.php?do=browseimages&c=4&userid=762&page=11

K

kinggeordie

\ said:
Lee have you ever visited any of the northern model boat shows? The two subs shown above can be seen regularly at events around the north and i'm sure that Sub Zero would be happy to let you know where they will appear next.I like your type XXI as well, did you keep her as a dynamic diver or convert her to static?

There are a few more shots of Sub Zero's U-47 here, where you can see the tower detail a bit better:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/gallery/browseimages.php?do=browseimages&c=4&userid=762&page=11
Thanks they are good pics, i have never vistited the boat shows as i dont get much time off work, my XXI is dynamic diving although i have the new radio tray to convert her to static as with my u47 im building now, im going to use large 3300 kvm marine brushless motors in the u47 along with 2 x 6 amp lipo battery packs, i have ordered the engel tank and waiting for it coming, the radio tray and new end cap ill be using i designed myself and used a water cutter at work to cut the discs ill post pics later, i am also building revells titanic at the moment of which im going to make her sink using a water pump (interesting project)

S

subzero

\ said:
Thanks they are good pics, i have never vistited the boat shows as i dont get much time off work, my XXI is dynamic diving although i have the new radio tray to convert her to static as with my u47 im building now, im going to use large 3300 kvm marine brushless motors in the u47 along with 2 x 6 amp lipo battery packs, i have ordered the engel tank and waiting for it coming, the radio tray and new end cap ill be using i designed myself and used a water cutter at work to cut the discs ill post pics later, i am also building revells titanic at the moment of which im going to make her sink using a water pump (interesting project)
Cheers Bunker...

Lee.

yep it is the Accurate Armour tower , very good detail, it is resin so you need to thin out the base a wee bit but it does look good when finished and is a perfect fit on the U-47 deck.

I will be exhibiting my subs at the Model Boat Convention at Birchwood, Warrington show on the weekend of 23 and 24 of August if you can find the time to get along I am sure there will be enough to keep you amused for a while and if not you can always say hello to me !! ( if you are really bored that is ).

I will also have a " few " of my other subs along as well + a display slot on the outdoor lake (eek! ).

Regards Sub.

Last edited:
K

kinggeordie

\ said:
Cheers Bunker...Lee.

yep it is the Accurate Armour tower , very good detail, it is resin so you need to thin out the base a wee bit but it does look good when finished and is a perfect fit on the U-47 deck.

I will be exhibiting my subs at the Model Boat Convention at Birchwood, Warrington show on the weekend of 23 and 24 of August if you can find the time to get along I am sure there will be enough to keep you amused for a while and if not you can always say hello to me !! ( if you are really bored that is ).

I will also have a " few " of my other subs along as well + a display slot on the outdoor lake (eek! ).

Regards Sub.
cheers mate ill see what my hours are at work for that weekend and try to get down, ill be purchasing the accurate armour upgrade it looks very good. lee