Royal Navy parafin burners.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I mentioned in my RN Phantom build that I would post a photo of my collection of Royal Navy aircraft. Well here are the paraffin burners, I'll try and get the pistons lined up later and add them in here.

They are only sort of lines up in order, I might try and get them in the correct order later. Please feel free to suggest the line up.

All are in 1/48 scale and most of them have a thread on here. Either under construction or the finished build.

Here you are then.

The line up

View attachment 62508

And a bit closer.

View attachment 62506 View attachment 62507

Cheers

Ian M

View attachment 63962

View attachment 63963

View attachment 63964

IMAG1009.jpg

IMAG1010.jpg

IMAG1011.jpg

A

andyrobs

Hi Ian, that's a cracking line up, a collection to be very proud of mate.

Cheers, Andrew

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Amazing builds and great display thanks for sharing

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You finally got around to it Ian, thanks for sharing the line up with us. Quite the collection you have going there. Your display shelving is marvellous, I like it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks chaps much appreciated. Just need to get hold of some more plexiglass to make a couple of more shelves then the propeller wing can join them.

I was intending to keep this unit for the big boats, but that idea went out the window. I'll just have to build another cabinet for the boats.....Hmm.

There are a few "must have" aircraft that I still have on the shopping list. One of them is a Fairey Gannet. Rather hard to get hold of these days and when there is one on Flea-bay it's either VERY over priced, and or they will not send outside the UK. Of the five that I have asked, four said no and the one that would.... Recorded signed for only. Fair enough but when the price went over £100 I came to my senses.

Another is the Wyvern. Plenty of them about so no problem at the moment...

The next problem is the Skyraider AEW. Thats going to be a conversion job. Just need a donor kit without the added armour.

Ian M