Sarah's U.S.S Voyager with PE and LED's

D

dougie

This will be the build thread for my better half's Voyager ship that I bought her for her birthday.

To be fair I will probably end up doing most of it but that's not the main aim here, with Sarah being pregnant it's not her main priority haha.

I have the PE and LED kits and I'm not an expert on this at all so I will be asking for help on here and using the other build threads on the net to decide which inaccuracies to fix and how to best build this in general.

View media item 8380

Stage 1 remove plastic mouldings from the top of the saucer to be replaced with PE.

View media item 8379

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice, does look good lighted.

Pregnancy is no excuse man! Tell her to build it...NOW!

Si...don't tell her...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've built one of these and the join for the saucer section and the drive section can be a bit iffy , it's that it's a bad fit it's more the saucer section is too heavy , I used superglue to make sure it was stuck properly, ot does turn out looking good though :smiling3:

D

dougie

\ said:
Nice, does look good lighted.
Pregnancy is no excuse man! Tell her to build it...NOW!

Si...don't tell her...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Err, have done haha, she is 28weeks and bigger than with the last one... Lol, the moaning is in full flow haha. She just laughs it off and watches horror films to get me back. :eek::eek::oops:

\ said:
I've built one of these and the join for the saucer section and the drive section can be a bit iffy , it's that it's a bad fit it's more the saucer section is too heavy , I used superglue to make sure it was stuck properly, ot does turn out looking good though :smiling3:
Thanks for the 1st bit of great advice, I will take heed of this cheers :smiling3:

\ said:
Looking forward to seeing what you two do with this one Doug and Sarah
Cheers, just need to get Lucy's wee car done so I can get more time for this. It's nearly there but she is enjoying her summer outside ;) it's going to be slow like my other builds

Cheers guys

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Doug/Sarah,will look forward to seeing this one,I do like the use of LED,s

and on ;)

P

Polux

I been, just a few weeks, on a Sci-Fi forum...... All them was very fan of the Star Trek movies and series......so if you need information or just watch some under constructions threads, it should be an interesting place.

www.scifimodelaction.com

Hope this hepls ;)

D

dougie

\ said:
I been, just a few weeks, on a Sci-Fi forum...... All them was very fan of the Star Trek movies and series......so if you need information or just watch some under constructions threads, it should be an interesting place.
www.scifimodelaction.com

Hope this hepls ;)
Thanks mate, very helpful cheers

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
i very interested to see how this turns out.....ive got a klingon battle cruiser ive always thought about lighting up

P

Polux

You can mix the filler with some drops of acetone, you will work more easier....and give a time plus until it dries ;)

D

dougie

\ said:
You can mix the filler with some drops of acetone, you will work more easier....and give a time plus until it dries ;)
What type of filler? I have 2- one is squadron which has toluene and one is the 2 part one that you can use in water.

Cheers

Also I may put some glue styrene mix in for strength first

D

dougie

Latest work... Windows on upper hull. Lots of pin vice work, snapped the drill 2x but managed to sharpen a new point on it easily enough. You can see the sanded rear bridge section where the PE goes is very thin, in the second photo you can see I put some spare milliput behind it which I will do whenever I make too much. It should give extra strength and light blocking to the area.

View media item 8385View media item 8386