SAS Desert Raiders 3 jeep 1/35 Dragon by MOG

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
nice to see another jeep look forward to watching you build and get some tips from your three builds

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Can't have too many jeeps. Must have well over twenty.

mog

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Most know that Dragon is not known for the best instruction plans, poor visuals, no wording, no paint guide, Not great however I have built enough ships of sail following blueprints that it’s no big deal. The upside is especially for newer builders think it pushes the use of more reference material to figure out the look you are going for. So weathered the engines and chassis. nice little engines used them to test some weathering ideas even if they will not be seen. v1.JPGv2.JPGv3.JPGv4.JPGv6.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I saw this set last week and was thinking of getting one...
Looks good so far Mike.

mog

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Winter is a slower time on the smaller builds , mainly woodworking time, however did add a little more on the stowage , also some asked about what references I have been using , 3 of the main ones. 223.jpg225.jpg226.jpg222.jpg

mog

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Back to the SAS build, I always take some winter time to work on wood builds, so picking up where I left off with jeep 1 I have not worked a lot with 1/35 for some time. Some readjusting needed but so far it’s a fun build with allot of opportunities get creativesd5.jpgsd4.jpgsd3.jpgsd3.jpgsd2.jpgsd1.jpg

mog

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
All three finished , will be placing on the base next jp14.jpgjp15.jpgjp12.jpgjp13.jpg