SAS Willies Jeep Primer Colour?

T

tcarnell

Hi everyone,

I feel very much like a newbie, returning to modelling after 25 years when I recently bought the Tamiya SAS Jeep kit in 1/35 scale from my local model shop.

I want to give the Jeep a very weathered appearance and am thinking of using the hairspray technique to illustrate chipped paintwork but I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.

My question is this: That colour primer coat would the SAS Willies Jeep have been given? It's this colour (plus some bare metal as well) that I'd like to show through the chipped paint.

I've done a fair bit of surfing, and although I have found a lot of information on the Jeep and it's use in North Africa during WWII that specific piece of information has eluded me (hardly surprising since it is so specific!)

Does anyone know the answer, or point me in the right direction to find out?

Many thanks in advance for all help and advice offered.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Tony and welcome.

I am far from an expert on these matters but I would imagine that most of these Jeeps, the primer would of just been the standard primer. I could also imagine that the most of them were over painted Desert Pink.

Ian M

PS I have moved this to the paint section. You might get a few more replies in here.

T

tcarnell

Thanks for your reply Ian - and for moving my post. :smiling3:

Tony.