Savoia Marchetti SM.81 Pipistrello (Italeri, 1:72)

V

Vajled

I have started this project yesterday and I'm enjoying from start because is wonderfull airplane, kit is very good, except side round windows - Italeri gave them on thin plastic film with predrilled circles whitch you must somehowe digg them out and glue it in the place from inside fuselage. Now is a problemm how to mask them? I will try with mascol because tamiya tape is out of bussines here because windows are so thin and easily I can cut them with cutting knife. Big minus for Italeri because that

Cockpit is painted, now wash and detaling and windowssssss :sad:

Today work:

Cheers all

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Roman,

nice start.

Tony.

V

Vajled

wing fit is catastrofic... but with usage of CA glue, I have manage somehow to glu them in good position

next is putty time for wing - fuselage joint

and of course turret mashine gun is crying, beging, screaming: Touch me! Put finger on me... BRAKE ME UP!!!

Of course I manage to do that :smiling3:

C

CDW

coming along nicely Roman.

Even though it seems bad fitting i'm sure you'll manage to produce a great looking model again :smiling3:

V

Vajled

After few days of apstinance from modelling, finally today I have made something :smiling3:

Few repairs, postshade... but generally this is it :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great now roman, superb paintwork skills, looking forward to seeing the completed model , cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking superb as alway Roman.

nice one.

Tony.

V

Vajled

Prop is dry fit...

Next: Camo on wheel cover, postshade...

Front side of prop is painted with Alclad aluminium color, I got them few days ago... Fantastic colors to work with

Cheers

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking very good Roman.

I'm glad you like the Alclad,I keep telling people how easy it is to work with.

Cheers

Steve

V

Vajled

After all trouble with wing joint on fuselage, poorly doned wheels and wheels joint (expecialy them), oversized decals - white fuselage line and white cross on rudder (in the end I was paint that by myself)

Only thing to do is paint engine air intake from below in aluminium (i mean inside net or how it cals), mat varnish on all over model and wires...

Next post is in finished models :smiling3:

Cheers all

V

Vajled

FINISHED:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes/14225-savoia-marchetti-sm-81-pipistrello-italeri-1-72-a.html