Saying Hi To All

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO Ben you live in Norfolk uk so do i so we might not live far apart ?
chrisb

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello Ben and and a belated welcome, build the bench then forget the list of models to build as along will come other inspirations... The people on thos forum have a great area of knowledge and humour (sometimes strange). So if you get stuck on a problem just ask, we cured John Race's sitting problem faster than the NHS by telling him to cut six inches off the bottom of his string vest...
Again Welcome.

First Name
Ben
Hello Ben and and a belated welcome, build the bench then forget the list of models to build as along will come other inspirations... The people on thos forum have a great area of knowledge and humour (sometimes strange). So if you get stuck on a problem just ask, we cured John Race's sitting problem faster than the NHS by telling him to cut six inches off the bottom of his string vest...
Again Welcome.
Thank you :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI and welcome Ben, a great place, full off banter as you will have realised :smiling3:

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Tim, Thank you..... so this is my list i have stored ready to start so far

1 Tamiya Mercedes gt3 1/24
2 AirFix Supermarine Spitfire mk Vb Messerschmitt BF109E 1:48
3 Revell A380-800 British Airways 1:144
4 Academy USAF B-52H 20th BS Buccaneers 1/144
5 Revell Avro Lancaster Mk.1/111 1:72
6 Revell Vw T1 Kastenwagen panel van

And growing :smiling5:
Ben,
Firstly, from a newbie who is even newer than you (guess that makes me the baby), welcome. All the guys on the site seem to be really friendly and encouraging.
Secondly, I notice on your list that you have the Revell A380 BA on your list...

If you haven't already done so, check the sprue that has the main wheels on. They are all in rows on the one sprue. 50% have a protruding axle and the other 50% have a receiving hole.
On mine 50% of the axles were snapped off due to rattling in transit.
If you flag it up quick to Revell (within the 2 years of purchase) they will replace them under warranty.

Kind regards,
John

First Name
Ben
Ben,
Firstly, from a newbie who is even newer than you (guess that makes me the baby), welcome. All the guys on the site seem to be really friendly and encouraging.
Secondly, I notice on your list that you have the Revell A380 BA on your list...

If you haven't already done so, check the sprue that has the main wheels on. They are all in rows on the one sprue. 50% have a protruding axle and the other 50% have a receiving hole.
On mine 50% of the axles were snapped off due to rattling in transit.
If you flag it up quick to Revell (within the 2 years of purchase) they will replace them under warranty.

Kind regards,
John
Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to say Hi, hey we all have to start somewhere the main thing is to have fun along the way I have picked up a few tips and tricks wile looking through this forum so cant be bad.

Correct I do have a A380 and I didn't know of that issue I'm sure going to take a look later on and contact them if I need to, Hopefully wont be a issue getting the new parts.

Thanks again John
Take care :thumb2: