Sci-Fi diorama (Test Piece)

P

Polux

Hi chaps!

I don't know excatly if I will finish it....but here is a little dio, I do these days for a break!

For me, is based on the movie 'Stargate'.... a small tribute ;)

When I see the film on the cinema at first time, well...felt in love with it. It turns very important to me.

I know there are more better and exceptional movies than this one, but the mix of sci-fi and real history is a nice 'matrimony'.

The Egyptians....what a mysterious civilization....

They come from another planets like that...? What a surprise have the man with his armoured suit, when he found it on a lost planet in the space! :smiling3:

Thanks.

Polux

View attachment 68246

View attachment 68247

View attachment 68248

DSC_0315.JPG

DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0321.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Polux I've never seen stargate so I can't comment on much of it, but this little diorama looks very good and I for one hope you continue with it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
ACE!

finish it...go one...you know you want to... :smiling3:

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

Very good polux.

Stargate is an awesome film and the following series are very good too (hence why I had to build the Prometheus)

There's a lot of unexplained evidence as to whether we had visitors from other worlds around the time of the height of Egyptian "supremacy" ...makes you wonder whether any of it will ever be verified :smiling3: :smiling3:

N

noble

Polux the dio looks cool, the paintwork on the stone figure is amazing..... i think i hear a tutorial coming. You should deffinately finish it, i will be disapointed if you dont.

scott

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux I've never seen stargate so I can't comment on much of it, but this little diorama looks very good and I for one hope you continue with it
Thank you Ian!

Well, in fact, on the original movie there aren't armoured suits!! It's a personal touch!!

:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Very good polux.Stargate is an awesome film and the following series are very good too (hence why I had to build the Prometheus)

There's a lot of unexplained evidence as to whether we had visitors from other worlds around the time of the height of Egyptian "supremacy" ...makes you wonder whether any of it will ever be verified :smiling3: :smiling3:
I'm glad to talk with you Colin!

Another Sci-fi fan! ;)

Maybe someday we talk about to do the stargate on scratch build?! You do a part of the door, and I do the other part!!

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux the dio looks cool, the paintwork on the stone figure is amazing..... i think i hear a tutorial coming. You should deffinately finish it, i will be disapointed if you dont.scott
Thanks Scott!

If I finish will be at winter season...I suppose.. :smiling3:

Give me some time to finish the figure, and will explain all the painting steps!!

Cheers

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Stargate is one of my favourite films too, and the dio looks great.

Is the broken head a plaster cast, it looks verry "stone like"

I would like to see it finished too.

Tony.

C

CDW

\ said:
I'm glad to talk with you Colin!Another Sci-fi fan! ;)
Very much so ... I may be having a go at another ship from stargate after I finish the red dwarf

Although I'd like to do one of the ships from the film "silent running"

\ said:
Maybe someday we talk about to do the stargate on scratch build?! You do a part of the door, and I do the other part!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
I made a stargate ring years ago for someone ... I may have pictures of it somewhere, ill have a look and scan them to post up on the forum.

P

Polux

\ said:
Stargate is one of my favourite films too, and the dio looks great.Is the broken head a plaster cast, it looks verry "stone like"

I would like to see it finished too.

Tony.
Hi Tony!

You are right.

Is a white plaster figure. This is the result after my hands and a hammer... ;)

Do differents coats of grey, brown and green colors. Two washes and a final dry brush. Don't know what is it, but there is something with the color don't like me...

Thanks

Polux

P

Polux

\ said:
I made a stargate ring years ago for someone ... I may have pictures of it somewhere, ill have a look and scan them to post up on the forum.
Truely!!

Ohh!! You must show this pics mate, please!!

Cheers

First Name
Andy
Hi Polux,

I too am a Stargate fan, I have the film and all the DVD collection...

May I ask more about the Egyptian stone work, did you make it yourself or buy it like that, I do like how you have done it, plus, adding the suit, it could be someone from the future come back to find the SG-1 team to help them...

***** from me...

Andy...

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux,I too am a Stargate fan, I have the film and all the DVD collection...

May I ask more about the Egyptian stone work, did you make it yourself or buy it like that, I do like how you have done it, plus, adding the suit, it could be someone from the future come back to find the SG-1 team to help them...

***** from me...

Andy...
Wow!! Seems you are a stargate fan!!

:smiling3:

The egyptian figure was bought in a artist shop. They have a lot of varieties.

If you can give me about two days, can do a little tutorial with all the steps with pics. Tony ask for it too, and want to know if some members have new ideas. Or they do it different!

Cheers. Polux

Last edited:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I'm no real fan of Sci-Fi ........ But, I'm sure if you get to finish it Polux (and you should) it'll be as superb as the rest of your work. The paintwork on the busted stone is superb.

Peter

First Name
Richard
Hi Polux,

nice work, I like the robot, where did you find that one, and the Egypt guy lying on the floor looks very good to.

Cheers Richard

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yes! Beauty and the beast as requested. Thanks Polux - you're a star!

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Polux that is fantastic , love the idea and I'm a big SG fan both the film and the tv series