Scotties 25pdr.SP Bishop.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can hear the groans from here but I am back for the next build. I saw this at a vendor at our model show last year and liked the look of it.

DSCF3779.JPG

It is a big box packed with light grey spues and a small etch fret.

DSCF3780.JPG
DSCF3781.JPG
DSCF3782.JPG
DSCF3783.JPG
DSCF3784.JPG

Hope you can join me along the way

Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Different..... Not seen many of these done.

Will try to keep up!

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Front row please. Interesting looking vehicle. You certainly get a lot for your money.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking forward to this one
Different..... Not seen many of these done.

Will try to keep up!

ATB.

Andrew
Front row please. Interesting looking vehicle. You certainly get a lot for your money.
I will follow along, if I may.
John.
I'm in :smiling3:
... A bloody big target that was though eh?!! :sad:
No groans from me Paul.Ive always liked the look of the Bish.I shall pull up a chair and watch from the stalls.
Rich
Certainly a lot easier on the eye! Sorta reminds me of a British KV knockoff ;)
Interesting!
Pete
I always thought the turret was that big because they left the wheels on the 25pdr ;)
Great choice though Paul, should be a good ne.

Thanks guys good to see you hope you can stay for the journey. It wasn't a very good design slow with a high silhouette. it also had very limited elevation for the 25 pdr, halving the maximum range and only 4 deg. traverse either side. Crews would park on a slope or a burn to lift the front of the vehicle to increase the range. The scene I hope to build will hopefully show this.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have built this kit it builds into a nice model.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
....it also had very limited elevation for the 25 pdr, halving the maximum range and only 4 deg. traverse either side. Crews would park on a slope or a burn to lift the front of the vehicle to increase the range.

Now I did know that!

What are the tracks like Scottie? They look like one piece affairs, or have I got that wrong?

ATB

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
it also had very limited elevation for the 25 pdr, halving the maximum range
The American 105 mm HMC M7 (“Priest” to the British) had much the same problem. Because of the floor inside, and the drive shaft underneath that, its maximum elevation was also limited and so its maximum range was severely reduced compared to the field gun. This was eventually fixed post-war by putting the whole gun mount higher, creating a distinctly uglier vehicle. Of course, the Bishop is hard to make much uglier if you try, so it has that going for it, at least ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have built this kit it builds into a nice model.
Cheers Ian, anything I should look out for. I am trying to find the colours for the interior which I suspect was white but I can't find any information on colours used on the transmission, fans and radiators etc .
Now I did know that!

What are the tracks like Scottie? They look like one piece affairs, or have I got that wrong?

ATB

Andrew
Hi Andy, no they are single link but look ok.
The American 105 mm HMC M7 (“Priest” to the British) had much the same problem. Because of the floor inside, and the drive shaft underneath that, its maximum elevation was also limited and so its maximum range was severely reduced compared to the field gun. This was eventually fixed post-war by putting the whole gun mount higher, creating a distinctly uglier vehicle. Of course, the Bishop is hard to make much uglier if you try, so it has that going for it, at least ;)
Jakko, your right it wouldn't win any beauty contests.
Then there was the Deacon to add to the ecumenical list of vechiles.Now that was a peculiar looking beast.
Richard
Richard, I would love to find a kit of that.
Even I wouldn't have missed something that big!!!!!
Doug. luckily the artillery are not called long range snipers for no reason so hopefully stayed out of trouble.
And of course the Sexton!
Andrew I think the last artillery piece to receive a name was the Abbott.
... Indeed it was!! ;)
Andy, that's ok I am a peculiar looking beast as well.
…...and the defrocked priest …….
Tim, who knows what goes on in the confessional.