Scotties Bergpanzer Buffalo.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, watching this build with interest ready for when I start mine, such a pity they did not mould the doors on the extra armour pack open then we could have had more fun...
You won't learn much from me mate. I wonder what the crews thought about having access ways closed by the armour?
Then it will become the earlier version that you could have bought;).

They are virtually the same (Bz3 vs Bz3a1) version aside from armour pack.

That being said it is an interesting looking sub-variant but there are no side doors on the a1. Access is through the top 3 hatches.

I still think you will be able to see enough interior to keep it interesting - although you may have to rework the rear hatch to model it open - strange though it seems they moulded a separate hatch but with fixed hinges in closed position!

Drivers compartment with floorboard lifted;

View attachment 506387
Paul, I think you should see enough through the hatches. I'm glad that picture is with the floorplate up I would hate to add all that detail :tongue-out3:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Definately something different to your usual Paul, chair pulled up.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You won't learn much from me mate. I wonder what the crews thought about having access ways closed by the armour?

Paul, I think you should see enough through the hatches. I'm glad that picture is with the floorplate up I would hate to add all that detail :tongue-out3:
I was thinking as much as but there’s enough to worry about as it is!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I have built the front spade and added some weld detail. Looking at the pictures they look to big so will probably remove these and redo them.

View attachment 506410

View attachment 506413

Or I could file them back a bit hopefully.

cheers
Scottie
I warned you all.... here he goes...
I have not opened the bags to take a look at the mouldings, are the welds that bad???

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Definately something different to your usual Paul, chair pulled up.
Yes mate far to modern for me but a change is as good as a rest as they say.
Scottie, OOB. Like - Yeah Right, as if that's going to happen!!!!!
Doug, of you got me lol.
Paul what are you using to create your weld bead texture please ? I need to do some myself soon
Hi Ron there are a couple of methods I use. the one in the picture which I have redone since the picture is two part putty. Rolled out into a very very thin sausage this is then formed around the item where you want the weld. I normally stick in place with a bit of CA. Let the glue dry and for the putty to go off a little then with the point of a scalpel blade impress the detail. The other way is to use stretched sprue glue in place when dry apply liquid cement to soften the sprue and then again press in the detail with a scalpel blade. HTH.
I was thinking as much as but there’s enough to worry about as it is!
There certainly is.
Here we go...!
Ha ha ha thanks Neil.
I warned you all.... here he goes...
I have not opened the bags to take a look at the mouldings, are the welds that bad???
No just a little indistinct.
You can use filler such as Green Stuff. Put a small length into where you want the weld and with a pointed tool add the weld texture.
:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You can use filler such as Green Stuff. Put a small length into where you want the weld and with a pointed tool add the weld texture.
Thanks Mike
Yes mate far to modern for me but a change is as good as a rest as they say.

Doug, of you got me lol.

Hi Ron there are a couple of methods I use. the one in the picture which I have redone since the picture is two part putty. Rolled out into a very very thin sausage this is then formed around the item where you want the weld. I normally stick in place with a bit of CA. Let the glue dry and for the putty to go off a little then with the point of a scalpel blade impress the detail. The other way is to use stretched sprue glue in place when dry apply liquid cement to soften the sprue and then again press in the detail with a scalpel blade. HTH.

There certainly is.

Ha ha ha thanks Neil.

No just a little indistinct.

:thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thanks Paul I hadn't thought of CA glue, its been quite a while since trying weld beads but I vaguely remember it wasn't as easy-peasy as I had figured on.

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Made a start on the interior. I am not going to go overboard with the detail as not much will be seen when all buttoned up. So just add a little that will be seen if you look in the hatches.

The drivers seat had some bolt detail added and the seat adjuster.
DSCF4263.JPG

There is also a lever to the left hand side of the seat that as far as I can see disappeared under the floor plate and was used to raise or lower the seat arm. If anyone does know please let me know.

DSCF4262.JPG

Next the commanders foot rest was tweaked.

Before

DSCF4260.JPG

After

DSCF4261.JPG

it still needs a little cleaning up.

cheers
Scottie

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Wow, that is a lot of drilling out … I hope for your fingers you didn’t do that with a pin vice :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wow, that is a lot of drilling out … I hope for your fingers you didn’t do that with a pin vice :smiling3:
It was, in this case it is a part that could benefit from being etch. besides the drilling it is also quite thick.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The rear panel has had a bit of detail added, mostly to the towing pintle, including levers, bolt detail, strap and chains. The towing eyes have been drilled out with pins and clips added with weld detail added. Please bear in mind they still need a bit of cleaning up. The convoy shield which is typical of German vehicles has also been added, it has a lamp holder which I will add when I have painted the white cross..

DSCF4265.JPG

DSCF4267.JPG

I have decided to build this without the extra armour as so much detail will be lost to view, I would like to show it with the side access hatches open and the stores locker. But I might change my mind late lol.

cheers
Scottie

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Wow! What an amazing build. I love all the extra details.