Scotties Krupp Protze Kfz 69

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're still at it - showing your wonderful attention to detail. It's often said when a model has loads of scratched and PE detailing that it is almost "a shame to paint it" - true in this case.
Jim, thank you mate but believe me paint covers all sorts of faults.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Made a start on the 37mm PAK. The fit of parts is not good and they are chunky the mould is certainly showing its age. The etch is certainly lifting the detail.

DSCF3491.JPG

I need to add a disc to the end of the arm. the sight link arm was replaced as the original was very badly miss aligned. the telescope was also replaced for the same reason.

DSCF3492.JPG

cheers
Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

Apologies got a bit behind on this. As Jim had already said it's getting to the point whereby it's almost a shame to paint it!

Simply brilliant.

Very well done indeed.

Andrew

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Cheers Gerry, I'm sure you will improve on my build.
It's more than I'd be able to do - what you're doing is so far beyond where I am that it's on the event horizon and I'll doubt if I'll ever be able to get anywhere near as good. I'll stick to taking notes, and mimicking when I try!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's more than I'd be able to do - what you're doing is so far beyond where I am that it's on the event horizon and I'll doubt if I'll ever be able to get anywhere near as good. I'll stick to taking notes, and mimicking when I try!
Don't do yourself down mate, If I can do it anyone can. Just take your time and get a good optivisor. You will surprise yourself. If I can help just ask or PM me.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Don't do yourself down mate, If I can do it anyone can. Just take your time and get a good optivisor. You will surprise yourself. If I can help just ask or PM me.
I might give the one that I did have a go at a 're-work' on the parts which are v. fragile, just to give me a bit of practice on working at your level (wouldn't matter if I mess it up that way!)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I might give the one that I did have a go at a 're-work' on the parts which are v. fragile, just to give me a bit of practice on working at your level (wouldn't matter if I mess it up that way!)
The other thing to try is get a cheap etch upgrade. And just practice bending and sticking to an old kit.