Scottish Maid, Baltimore- Aberdeen schooner, scale 1/50

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
ok you win I loose your schooner is bigger than my cutty sark boo hoo not fare:sad: :sad: :P :D :D:eek:o_O:sad: :sad: :sad:

A

american

Analyzing some pictures I realized that some of this ships had gunports. And this ship really need those gunports to be shut off when is sailing under strong wind . So I create the gunports:10192015222345.jpg

1019201522240.jpg

10192015222419.jpg

10192015222446.jpg

D

Deleted member 4203

The gunports look great Catalin, I really do like those sails too :smiling3: did you do the anchor chain in a metallic gold? It looks like it's reflecting light which is a nice touch :D ;)

A

american

Thank you for appreciating my work, but I know I am still far away of being a good ship modeller.

Yes! The chain is metallic gold and I like how is looking like.

D

Deleted member 4203

What else is there to do on this build? It doesn't look far from finishing :smiling3:

S

Stevekir

SUPERB! I often wonder at how tall the mast were in sailing ship, and why they didn't capsize with all that sideways pull (when sailing against the wind).

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Absolutely fantastic job dont sell yourself short the other 2 ships if im not mistaken one was the Heller 1/100 HMS Victory the other looked like The USS Constitution or Old Ironsides from Revell if I'm not mistaken which I built for a Canadian couple about 35 years ago as a thank you once again superb models all three

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Robert
This is Awesome truly a masterclass at shipbuilding!!!

I've seen model ships in museums but this is outstanding work that will take a lot to beat

Really is fantastic

Regards

Robert

A

american

\ said:
Absolutely fantastic job dont sell yourself short the other 2 ships if im not mistaken one was the Heller 1/100 HMS Victory the other looked like The USS Constitution or Old Ironsides from Revell if I'm not mistaken which I built for a Canadian couple about 35 years ago as a thank you once again superb models all three
The Victory is an old Airfix and the USS Constitution is having the same age with the one you builded 35 years ago!

A

american

\ said:
This is Awesome truly a masterclass at shipbuilding!!!
I've seen model ships in museums but this is outstanding work that will take a lot to beat

Really is fantastic

Regards

Robert
Thank you! I can't say I didn't like what you said but I know I am still far from realizing museum quality!