Scratch on windows

R

russell hopson

can any tell me how to remove a scratch on a clear window part have heard thing like tooth paste brasso ect what is the best way. I have a dremal tool but don't know it that will be to harsh even with the polishing bit attached

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Put the Dremmel down and step away from the table!!!

Brasso is your best bet if that is all you have at hand. You can also buy special sanding sticks to remove scratches with. Is it a deep scratch or just a little one?

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Depending on the depth of the scratch, start with sandpaper and work your ways through the grades until 12000 grit, then polish.  You can buy special polishing compounds but I find toothpaste does the job for me, and it even smells nice and minty.

R

russell hopson

it a deep scratch tried to sand in down but the main scratch is gone but there are still faint ones there do I just need to go finer with the sand paper

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Difficult to say, if the faint scratches are from sanding I would say go finer.  If they are from the same time as the deep scratch you  can try finer but you may need to go coarser until they are gone and then go finer again to remove the sanding marks.