SDKZ 251/17

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi Dave I use the revell aqua thinner that has something in it that makes the paint stay wet for longer, just add a few drops to get a milky consistency and it goes on as smooth as butter.Scott
No problems with that bit Scott, but how do you transfer the paint from the blue pot to your A/B? It's beautiful the first time you use that particular paint but ...

When you stir the paint to mix it, some always ends up near the top of the pot and dries on the sides (See pic).

View attachment 74171

Next time you stir the paint to use it, you get bits of this dried paint falling off into your paint. It's these bits that clog the A/B.

Gern

IMGP1069.JPG

N

noble

Hi dave give the paint a good shake then stir when you open it, i dont mix it in the pot i spoon a little out into another clean jar with a small plastic spoon, then add some of the thinner.... just a few drops usually does the trick, then pour into the air brush and spray.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Top work Scott, looks superb buddy, are you going to place it in a dio?

And nice tip on the colour btw, looks great, going to have to try that myself;)

Tom

A

AJay

Awesome work on the half track! It looks very realistic with the excellent paint and weathering. I particularly like the tracks!

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
just seen this build ... absolutely fantastic ......

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice indeed, scott hope my ones turn out 1/8 th as good as yours, fantastic weathering,and over all paint job

N

noble

Thank you both very much indeed, look forward to see your build Monica.

Scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nearly missed this, sorry Scott...

Excellent model and superb painting and weathering.

Top notch work.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I am so sorry Scott for missing this one. It is a wonderful piece of work, excellent quality and painting with superb rusting and weathering. I must admit that I rather like this very much.

Si:smiling3:

N

noble

Thank you all for tha great comments they push me to do better.

W

Wittmann205

Looks great! Which tracks did you use?

Have got this sd. Kfz. 251 from tamiya in my stash but bought the friul tracks for it ;)

Cheers Benny

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

N

noble

Thank you I have a bit of a thing for the 251 halftrack in all their variations.