Seawolf

P

periscope

Well I've taken the plunge at last after spending yonks getting all sorts of info together - last weekend I got the Robbe Seawolf as a starter sub - if I do OK with it I would like to have a go at the Robbe U47, although it's a bit big for our club pond when it comes to turning - it's a really nice looking boat.

Anyway I'll see how long it takes me to get the Seawolf in the water (and hopefully out again)

Ian

A

adzam

well done ian on the final decision, once you get to grips with the robbe instructions,which i would recomend reading a few times and asking questions on any points you`re un-sure about, it should be a relatively easy build, i`ve built the mk1 , i `m presuming it`s the newer mk2 that you have purchased.

should be interesting to see the differences, please keep us updated and any problems or queries just post .

Adz..

P

periscope

Thanks Nigel and Chris - I'll post pictures of my progress when I get cracking - it's the version 2 of the Seawolf - I think it's basically the same boat apart from a modification at the front end which has an allen key fitting to a long rod. This quickly allows access to the WTC when the rod is withdrawn. I've spent the last couple of days reading the instructions and making alterations to the booklet from the supplementary sheet (access modifications) Then when I get up enough courage I'll make a start - going into town tomorrow to get some plywood for the stand.

Ian