Second Build: Tamiya 1:48 Spitfire MkVb Trop

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A

AJay

Very nice Spit, Barry. How did you do the camo?

P.S. the canopy looks just fine from here : )

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I missed this too. A very nice job on that Spitfire.It looks suitably sun bleached.

Cheers

Steve

M

munkster

Looks pretty bloomin' good for a second build, very good stuff!

What's next??

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks everyone.

I am doing the Tamiya Mk 1 Spit next. Very similar kit but I still practising a few things and intend to try pre-shading for the first time. After that the Airfix Seafire to do then start on my stash of 1:32's...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job barry, loving the paintwork, very nicely weathered. Thats a mighty impressive stash of big uns youve got there barry , i reckon knocking on for £400 maybe!!! cheers tony

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Nice weathering Barry. What were the washes you used?

Vaughan.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Vaughan, the Flory Dark Dirt wash, I found it excellent to work with. Used an oil paint wash as well in places, inside in particular, but outside mostly Flory.

With the other 1:48 Tammy Spit now I am going to try out pre-shading for the first time....

As for the '32's' Tony, nearer £700, rather a bit more if you include the aftermarket canopy masks and seat belts for those kits that don't have them. The old bank balance has certainly taken a big knocking.... but that is it for now!!! unless, ohhhhh errrrr.....!!!!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Vaughan, the Flory Dark Dirt wash, I found it excellent to work with. Used an oil paint wash as well in places, inside in particular, but outside mostly Flory.With the other 1:48 Tammy Spit now I am going to try out pre-shading for the first time....

As for the '32's' Tony, nearer £700, rather a bit more if you include the aftermarket canopy masks and seat belts for those kits that don't have them. The old bank balance has certainly taken a big knocking.... but that is it for now!!! unless, ohhhhh errrrr.....!!!!!
For gods sake dont anyone show barry the trumpeter catalogue !!! LOL!!! He'd spend thousands!!!

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
\ said:
For gods sake dont anyone show barry the trumpeter catalogue !!! LOL!!! He'd spend thousands!!!
LOL - please don't tempt me...

To be honest right now I am tempted by the Great Wall Black Widow in 1:48, then when Tammy bring out their next 1:32....... No, no, no..... I really must not -that really is it for a while.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job Barry. You've managed a great paint job, shading is just how I like it.

Colin M........

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That is a nice looking Spit Barry.

I like the way the weathering sort of fades in and out, really wel done.

Tony.